Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:whites::garrett: Kellyco selling the Daddy Coil

I can't speak for Kellyco - I don't work there.

The DFX, MXT etc coils may or may not work on the V if they are not V nulled. If they have really good nulls, they can work. If they don't, you can still use them, but you will lose some depth because the loop null is affecting the signals - it won't fry the machine obviously. The V is much more sensitive than the other machines. The coils that are now produced have the tighter nulls to work with the V's. They work just fine with the DFX, MXT's...

If you want to buy non - White's coils (we don't make them, so have no control if they are V-nulled or not), try one from your dealer out first and see how well it does. It may work just fine for what you want to do. But, it may be that if you buy one without trying it, you might have to run single freq 2.5k or 7.5k to get it to work. We don't recommend using a non-V coil on a V, but it's your decision whether you want to buy the 3rd party coil or not. As you see from other posts, they can work well for some people.

I was wondering yesterday when i was playing with a whites 1400 and My V3i.....
What does the coil select function actually do.....and are there any basic perimeters that we can be made aware of .....If you are free to speak of ....either way Thanks Again for a great JOB!

Happy Trails
jimpugh

As far as I know Jim, the coil selection feature only adjusts the target depth reading to match the coil being used.

Aww thanks.

Yep, Larry is correct - the coil selection is only to adjust the depth readings on the display to match up with the coil. Has no bearing on how deep the machine goes, just the display.

Hello folks.....

For those who are keen to buy a 3rd party coil for their Whites V3(i)...should simply ask the vendors to contact the manufacturer, and obtain a publishable assurance that the coil is compatible with what detectors.

It is not White's role to adjudicate on other maker's products.

From a technical point of view, EVERY coil is capable of being appraised in terms of its frequency characteristics. That is a simple process for any manufacturer.

As far as Kellyco is concerned and in the interest of their customers, I'm sure they have competent staff who could mount a 'Daddy' coil on a V3 and do the several simple tests required.

It is a relatively straightforward to prove the coils suitability, as any competent user of the detector is aware, and if Kellyco can't provide a clear answer, then you should exercise your common sense regarding purchasing such an item.

A few points regarding coils:-.

A coil can be perfectly matched to a detector, BUT that does not necessarily mean that it is the best type of coil for all artifacts searching purposes, or ground conditions.

That usage aspect of of a coils is one of choice made by the purchaser.

Without hesitation, I recommend two coils for the V3 (i).....The Shooter....and the stock coil.

Any coil larger than the stock issue, carries a burden, and that relates to the target smallness, and ground Fe level excess.

IN BAD CONDITION OF TRASH....INCREASING Fe MINERALISATION......the SMALLER, the BETTER.

But if you still want to spend those big bucks, then enjoy the experience, and I hope you're lucky enough to prove the exception to the normal.

Remember the old saying...."Caveat emptor", Latin for "Let the buyer beware".

For our Toddy and all our Scottish mates, "Watch wir pennies"....................Matt.......TheMarshall

n/t

I would think that a "V" nulled 6x10 would be a good coil too. I don't have one though. I have the D2, the 4x6 "shooter" (which I agree, is awesome!), the 5.3 which I don't care for, and the 8x6 SEF which I also really like. The 8x6 is deep and smooth... a bit deeper than the 4x6 and more stable than the D2.

I much prefer DD coils.

I haven't gotter out to hunt since the other day when I tried the V3/8x6 combo with the sens lowered to 25 and the RX raised to 15 in C&J ... various recovery speeds and ground filters and easily hit 8" coins with a good VDI even with the sens at 10... Since it works so well with the sens lowered it may help to lower it when using a larger coil to reduce the ground signal... (just thinking outloud). In any case... I was absolutely amazed at the performance with a LOW disc sens.

Thanks for your help.

Julien

I'm glad the lower sensitivity works for you and others, I tried that yesterday and I had a noticeable loss in depth, but it WAS quieter. I also tried the Modulation at all settings and experienced no affect on depth or noise, just quieter target signal on deep targets. Just what Modulation is used for.

I see the same oppsite here. I get better depth with higher sens and lower gain.

I have this idea that on a clean field with none or little very small iron and even rust fragments, higher gains does wonders.

In my site where there is millions of very small foil, aluminium and rust particles it works opposite. Higher gains crackle alot but the tiny bits destroy for you even when your gain are set at just below crackle point.

Low gain and higher sens gets away with them much better. And maybe thats why modulation seems to be tied in with this on some machines and user preferences.

Just an idea, maybe someone else has a different view.

Hi AK1232

I appreciate you taking the time to clear things up and as I said I am not a trouble maker. I have stayed away from non whites coils as I would hate to think I was losing depth or sensitivity. One of my pals is going to give me a loan of the 12" SEF to do some testing with.

But Please listen I think I won't be shot down for this but here in the UK we prefere DD coils more and a 12 or 14" WHITES elipticle coil would be nice!!!

Yes mate In my tests running a high sens and low gain where better also less filters are deeper.

bfodnes said:
I see the same oppsite here. I get better depth with higher sens and lower gain.

I have this idea that on a clean field with none or little very small iron and even rust fragments, higher gains does wonders.

In my site where there is millions of very small foil, aluminium and rust particles it works opposite. Higher gains crackle alot but the tiny bits destroy for you even when your gain are set at just below crackle point.

Low gain and higher sens gets away with them much better. And maybe thats why modulation seems to be tied in with this on some machines and user preferences.

Just an idea, maybe someone else has a different view.

Hello Matt

I do know you know your techie stuff and I'm glad you posted it but on me ole DFX the Daddy absolutly ran rings round any other coil and found loads of hammies. Obviously I would switch to the smaller coil the more iron or mineralisation there was!

PS I have been using the V since it came out and what a detector!!!

Toddy.

Then it might be worth for You to try a 8x14 that You have already.

The V nulled coils seems to apply to higher gain settings and TX boost on.

With lower gain and higher sens i can run my non V nulled coils very good.

Toddy is right about the non V coils running at lower RX settings. What people don't realize is some non V coils can run at high RX settings. The problem is it is a crap shoot. If you could go through a large lot of coils I'll bet you could find a 1400 that would run at RX 15. We have had guys with SEF coils that got one that will run at RX 15 and others that run at Rx 4. The same goes for non V nulled Whites coils. There are just no guarantees.[attachment 164087 ani_einstein.gif].........Rob

With an expensive array of detectors like that i would be thinking of having a strong room made (just to be on the safe side).