Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

White's Pinpointer Survey

THe questions make me think they still have a ways to go in finishing it???

I hope they don,t wait to long, one of my Whites pinpointers has quit working and i am back to the one that i got when the MXT first came out. I have been waiting for there's to come out. Hope i don,t brake down and get another Garretts. Come On Whites, i,m waiting.

I sent whites an e-mail about their upcoming pin-pointer, and i got a response from them that whites stated.

-An improvement over pin-pointers currently available.

-Whites is not prepared to make a public announcement.

-We can not comment on ongoing Research and Development

-Lastly, they said a little more patience and i do think you will be pleased.

You will not be disappointed. Think of all the things we have jury rigged and have modified on the best one out there now. It has it beat.

Very much looking forward. Making sure i have enough pennies in my piggy bank. :detecting:

Filled out my survey and I put in my two cents worth.
I think it would be nice to have the pin-pointer beep in my wireless headphones along with it
vibrating. I think it would use more battery power to go wireless. But it would still be a
good option.
What do you think?

Am i right in assuming this is a new Pinpointer that will be launched by Whites,have too admit i do like my Whites pinpointer,the only thing i not reall keen on is the length it could be a little smaller length wise.

Hopefully it does not have too many knobs, etc that can break. The other popular pinpointer is durable but does not have much depth to speak of. I need something that goes deeper. The pistol probe goes deep but is not very durable.

A pinpointer dont need to be deep that defeats its purpose. It needs to only pick up around 2 inches. If it picks up more than that its not pinpointing its detecting. Might as well re pinpoint with your detector.

I can log in to Geotech Forums. However, I cannot log in to enter this survey. I get "you have entered an invalid user name or password". I am using the same user name and password that successfully allows me to log in to the Geotech Forums. What am I doing wrong?

I could not log on either. Hopefully someone here has the answer.

A pinpointer dont need to be deep that defeats its purpose. It needs to only pick up around 2 inches. If it picks up more than that its not pinpointing its detecting. Might as well re pinpoint with your detector.

I guess not eveybody needs or wants the same thing in a pinpointer. I like to hunt for deep targets so I want a pinpointer that can detector deeper. If I was after shallow clad that would be a different story.

There are already a bunch of pinpointers on the market that can pick up a target at 2". Its funny how many people tried to modify the propointer with a coin or other metal object to get more depth out of it. Minelab recently came out with a pinpointer that didn't seem to be a big hit either.

I am hoping that the one Whites comes out with does in fact have a little more depth otherwise unless it has some other features not already available what is to set it apart from the ones already on the market?

I hope it's not detector specific and i hope it's more durable than one of the most popular ones that keep going screewy on me.

Carl-NC said:
Survey has completed and is off-line. Thanks for all the responses!

Thank you Carl. Hope you got the feedback you were looking for.
Bob

If you have a detector with pinpointing and depth readout you can get close enough to the target without a "deep" pinpointer. I just dont see the point in having a pinpointer that detects the same depth as a detector. If your detector says the target is 10 inches, you dig down 10 inches and then use the pinpointer to find it. If the pinpointer only detects 2 inches you know you are within 2 inches of the target. If not you know you need to either re pinpoint the target with the detector or dig deeper. Having a pinpointer that detects beyond 2 inches lets say 4 or 5 inches, your target could still be anywhere. Thats the whole point of a handheld pinpointer. After you dig to your depth read out, use the 2 inch pinpointer to PINPOINT the location of the target within a narrow field.

Small. Self adjusting. Lanyard hole. Waterproof. Orange in color. Silent mode.
Why don't every manufacturer make on board pinpointers that either plug into the control or supply an a/b switch?

You never know Kenny.