Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Who is going to buy an Equinox anymore

DigDog

So with the release of a 700 and 900 is
anyone going to buy a 600 and 800 anymore? Especially considering the leak and coil ears issues.
I would imagine they are going to have to discount them pretty low as the market will be flooded with ML detectors.
Actually a good thing as their prices are a bit too high anyways.
I don’t think anyone will argue a price drop.
Those that already have one can get a spare if they don’t upgrade

"Who is going to buy an Equinox anymore"

I just can't help but wonder why you really care. You keep mentioning about the problems they've had and that they are over priced. Or do you just like to reiterate the same old thing? HH jim tn

I just can't help but wonder why you really care. You keep mentioning about the problems they've had and that they are over priced. Or do you just like to reiterate the same old thing? HH jim tn
Not me. Legend all the way !!

Well I am not considering the Nox 800 but I am giving the new nox 900 some serious thoughts already placed an order for the Manticore so I am awaiting its delivery and also awaiting delivery of the new Garret Axiom I do love the Legend but I love all detectors if I do order the new Nox 900, that will give me quite a stable of top of the line detectors, two Legends, a Simplex Plus, Garrett 24k, Garret Axiom, The Beast (Manticore), and possibly the Nox 900 plus a Xterra 705 that I cannot part with and a AT Pro which I purchased in 2009 and only put about 10-20 hours on maybe, My purchasing will be finished once and if I do purchase the Nox 900

I am really liking what I have seen in the Manticore and the Nox 900 so far, but still unsure if I will place an order for the Nox 900 just yet

here is what my stable will look like I believe I will be set with detectors for every kind of detecting I do
Legend pro packs X2
Simplex Plus (keep if for a loaner detector)
Garrett 24K (Gold specific VLF)
Garrett Axiom (Pulse Induction) on its way
Mine Lab Manticore (on its way)
Xterra 705
Mine Lab Equinox 900 (is a big maybe) but most Likely

I truly think I will be set once I take delivery of the two I have ordered, and really could pass on the Nox 900 but knowing the way I am I will have a 900 in my stable also

AT Pro which I have donated if they ever pick it up it was donated to a great cause to Terry Solomon for his Veterans cause

Last edited:

Ok jim fair enough, Odan we have been down this road before.
Please don’t take this the wrong way, nothing personal.
Last I checked this is social media website where you can discuss your personal opinions with free speech within rules.
Sorry if my questions, comments, discussions upset you. You do have the option to ignore and not read them.
With that being said, there are others that will go and consistently post negative comments about certain detectors they don’t like obviously.
The difference is that at least i like them enough to still purchase with the right conditions. No bias here. I will point out good and bad with all. Does the legend have issues, absolutely. Does the equinox, absolutely. So i ask you, why not ask the people who really have no interest in a detector yet keep mentioning the problems?
Nice thing about the internet you can go back and look if you really wanted to.
Unfortunately most people only look at what they want to see and only see what they want to believe.
Thats the difference Jim.
Just a guy who likes metal detectors and will have all discussions about them.
Im open minded so i can talk to people who don’t agree with me. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and to think differently. Unfortunately there is alot of bias and close minded thinking and doesn’t always mix well.

I am looking for a used 800, for my neighbor, if anyone has one let me know.
He has a $500 budget, just a basic 800 wanted, no accessories needed.

Well I am not considering the Nox 800 but I am giving the new nox 900 some serious thoughts already placed an order for the Manticore so I am awaiting its delivery and also awaiting delivery of the new Garret Axiom I do love the Legend but I love all detectors if I do order the new Nox 900, that will give me quite a stable of top of the line detectors, two Legends, a Simplex Plus, Garrett 24k, Garret Axiom, The Beast (Manticore), and possibly the Nox 900 plus a Xterra 705 that I cannot part with and a AT Pro which I purchased in 2009 and only put about 10-20 hours on maybe, My purchasing will be finished once and if I do purchase the Nox 900

I am really liking what I have seen in the Manticore and the Nox 900 so far, but still unsure if I will place an order for the Nox 900 just yet

here is what my stable will look like I believe I will be set with detectors for every kind of detecting I do
Legend pro packs X2
Xterra 705

I truly think I will be set once I take delivery of the two I have ordered, and really could pass on the Nox 900 but knowing the way I am I will have a 900 in my stable also

AT Pro which I have donated if they ever pick it up it was donated to a great cause to Terry Solomon for his Veterans cause
The 900 does look alot more promising than the 800 now. I just wish they were more fairly priced. If NM can put out the legend which is comparable for half the price im sure ML could do better on pricing.
I guess it just a frustrating when you like something but know you are getting overcharged. Some will give in, some won’t.
Im sure like when you go to the car dealership you know there is a big mark up lol.
How many of you would walk away from a deal because they didn’t come down in price, happens all the time, and how many of you would be ok whatever price you say is fine. The later is my wife lol

Legend pro packs X2
Xterra 705

So im not the only one that’s strange for not being interested in the 800 now that the 900 is coming out lol

The 900 does look alot more promising than the 800 now. I just wish they were more fairly priced. If NM can put out the legend which is comparable for half the price im sure ML could do better on pricing.
I guess it just a frustrating when you like something but know you are getting overcharged. Some will give in, some won’t.
Im sure like when you go to the car dealership you know there is a big mark up lol.
How many of you would walk away from a deal because they didn’t come down in price, happens all the time, and how many of you would be ok whatever price you say is fine. The later is my wife lol
Well Mine Lab has been in the game a long long time, even though I know that in Pulse induction detectors Mine Lab is the best I could not bring myself to spend 8k on a Mine Lab PI then in comes Garrett with the Axiom and I Jumped

I would have had a Nox 800 in my stable a long time ago had it not been for the build quality issues that every one well almost everyone was reporting I just could never get past all the build quality issues the Nox 900 looks like they may have fixed those build quality issues but that remains to be seen, I do believe that because of all the leaking issues that was reported on the Nox most or all people that purchase a 900 and even a Manticore is going to be Leary for a while and not just jump into a body of water and dunk either a Nox 900 or Manticore rite off the bat at least I know I will not, heck my Legend I purposely filled my bath tub up and set the Legend in the tub of water and left it there over night just to see if it would leak and it did not LOL thankfully

I am looking for a used 800, for my neighbor, if anyone has one let me know.
He has a $500 budget, just a basic 800 wanted, no accessories needed.
there was someone on another forum that was selling a Nox 800 for I believe in the price range you are looking cant remember which forum it was though and it was just yesterday when I seen the add let me think about it for a bit Coinshooter01 and I will let you know

Well Mine Lab has been in the game a long long time, even though I know that in Pulse induction detectors Mine Lab is the best I could not bring myself to spend 8k on a Mine Lab PI then in comes Garrett with the Axiom and I Jumped

I would have had a Nox 800 in my stable a long time ago had it not been for the build quality issues that every one well almost everyone was reporting I just could never get past all the build quality issues the Nox 900 looks like they may have fixed those build quality issues but that remains to be seen, I do believe that because of all the leaking issues that was reported on the Nox most or all people that purchase a 900 and even a Manticore is going to be Leary for a while and not just jump into a body of water and dunk either a Nox 900 or Manticore rite off the bat at least I know I will not, heck my Legend I purposely filled my bath tub up and set the Legend in the tub of water and left it there over night just to see if it would leak and it did not LOL thankfully
That issue is what scared me away. Especially knowing ahead of time its going to get wet at some point.
Water and electronics is never a good mix lol

Minelab is run by bean counters and I think the cost of providing the warranty for the NOX 600 and 800 created the need for the 700 and 900. Sales of the 6 and 8 will crater and they will be out from under the warranty issues that those models carry. They can probably cease production and use already inventoried units for future warranty repairs and announce a discontinuation of those models in the future.

Minelab is run by bean counters and I think the cost of providing the warranty for the NOX 600 and 800 created the need for the 700 and 900. Sales of the 6 and 8 will crater and they will be out from under the warranty issues that those models carry. They can probably cease production and use already inventoried units for future warranty repairs and announce a discontinuation of those models in the future.
That was exactly what i said
Pretty good idea though

Think of it as your going to make back on the new detector in finds that will more than pay for itself I'm not into phones or laptops could care less as they become worthless in a few years.
What happens to a $1000.00 cell phone in one year? lol
Mark

Minelab is run by bean counters and I think the cost of providing the warranty for the NOX 600 and 800 created the need for the 700 and 900. Sales of the 6 and 8 will crater and they will be out from under the warranty issues that those models carry. They can probably cease production and use already inventoried units for future warranty repairs and announce a discontinuation of those models in the
Think of it as your going to make back on the new detector in finds that will more than pay for itself I'm not into phones or laptops could care less as they become worthless in a few years.
What happens to a $1000.00 cell phone in one year? lol
Mark
Thats a great point but unfortunately depends in the location. As i have read many people say the find’s especially in beaches, parks etc is getting to be slim pickings. People who live and hunt near old historic areas with alot of high traffic areas are likely to find alot more and quicker