Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Who is going to buy an Equinox anymore

Just ask huh?
So who do you ask and how much off can you get on a Nox?
Hundreds of dollars, like $200,$300 off, thats the standard 15%off.
Here in the Uk the prices of new Minelabs are fixed . The dealers only sell at RRP Prices . One dealer told me he can't sell for less than the RRP or minelab will cut off his supply of minelabs.
I thought price FIXING WAS ILLEGAL too, In fact most detectors sold are price fixed here.

As far as new ones, I’m sure sales will drop, but in the used market, a person on a limited budget will be able to get a great deal on a great detector that he otherwise may not be able to afford… just because three new detectors have come out does not mean the 600 it 800 are worthless now.
Well to get a used 600 800 no warranty with leaking issues or buy new with warranty with no leaks is up to each person to determine what is worth it to them

15% off $1099 is $165 in round numbers, not $200 - $300. Who do you ask? “Call any large dealer”. This is common sense. Of course no dealer is going to give big discounts when folks are lining up with cash to buy the newest dream machine. More common sense. Give it 6 months or so and give it a shot with the large dealers. You won't see discounted prices advertised because they can't. CALL the large dealers to get your best price.
Based the 15% on $1200. Are
New 900’s $1099?

Here in the Uk the prices of new Minelabs are fixed . The dealers only sell at RRP Prices . One dealer told me he can't sell for less than the RRP or minelab will cut off his supply of minelabs.
I thought price FIXING WAS ILLEGAL too, In fact most detectors sold are price fixed here.
I think UK laws and US laws are different and can’t enforce one in one country in another country

AND I WILL GET A 900 EVENTUALLY. The prices won't drop here for a long time thats guaranteed.
Apparently all things are equal if you don’t gold prospecting according to ML and its users for the Equinox.
Paying extra for the gold prospecting model 800,900 again is up to each individual weather its worth it or not.
If they were both priced equally then of course get the better of the two.
All comes down to what features you want to pay for and also what detectors you already have.

I'm with Felix and Jimmy! My 600 found some silver this year too! And some Indians,wheats.Vs,Buffs,and other assorted coinage! :detecting:
So i hear, the 600 aside from gold prospecting is equal in performance of the 800. So 700 should be equal to 900 in performance as well.

So far....
Ive found 2 gold rings, 1 gold ear ring, some silver, a Corvette, and plenty of clad this year...
Still have a few weeks remaining before 2023 season begins.
My Equinox 800 is not finished yet.
IMG_4412.JPG

IMG_4411.JPG

aug2022.JPG

There seems to be a little confusion on current US prices for new models.
Listed as EU $1099 for the 900 for example. Thats not the same as US $1099 or are they going to be the same.