Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Who uses this tool in your beach recovery

WaterScoopPNW

I have seen this numerous times on eBay and have never figured it out.

Who has this tool?
How do you use it?
How does it compliment a metal detector?

Unless on uses it as a rake in the sand hoping to snag a chain I can’t see this be used
For anything else.

AA89F438-33A2-490F-943E-B4362ED0D511.jpeg

Who has this tool?
How do you use it?

Unless on uses it as a rake in the sand hoping to snag a chain I can’t see this be used
For anything else.

View attachment 7337
Cities in the South clean their beaches in the mornings by using larger versions that rake out the trash accumulated from the day & evening before! Don't know if this would get the rings or scoop out any values like coins but paper bills probably?! Ma

There are so many you-tube videos. Just search for lake rake and some good vids will show up. To me this has nothing to do with "detecting" because you will find all kind of stuff.
For beach detecting I use a long handle beach scoop. IMO

I would never think of using this for beach detecting. Too many good targets would never get picked up. Use a good sand scoop.

I have several sand scoops in my arsenal :wet sand, dry sand, Rocky, gravel etc. The reason I asked about this tools is Because by looking at it it seems worthless when it comes to metal detecting.
The eBay seller used “metal detecting“ in his/her description.

thank you for your replies

That is used for catching chains in the sand. I have not used one but have read it is a good muscle builder to pull through the sand. If the location is right, with enough dropped chains, it could be worthwhile. Detectors don't do very well on small chains. Most of the time when a detector picks up a chain, it either detects a pendant or a clasp on the chain unless the chain links are big. The rake pictured is designed to snag a chain.

That is used for catching chains in the sand. I have not used one but have read it is a good muscle builder to pull through the sand. If the location is right, with enough dropped chains, it could be worthwhile. Detectors don't do very well on small chains. Most of the time when a detector picks up a chain, it either detects a pendant or a clasp on the chain unless the chain links are big. The rake pictured is designed to snag a chain.
Thank you for the explanation .That makes sense now.

cheers 🍻

Reactions: tvr
I love the way many think......these are great for beach's that don't allow metal detecting.....We have spots here that allow no detecting during the summer...But with a beach rake you can go in and drag a few lines... When it comes to outsmarting and staying ahead of the competition you really have to think outside of the box.

Who has this tool?
How do you use it?

For anything else.

View attachment 7337
I think that tool is for Hair Growth,,You rub it on the bald scalp and hair regrows after 3 months.!!

That just took me back to Jr High in the 60s..... ever told by an upper classman to go get a 7 prong liver scratcher? I think you actually may have a newer version!

If you hunt beaches like mine in Ct I use a shovel on the beach to many rocks! that would be useless!
Mark