Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why do I never find gold?

scubadetector said:
Here are the two big secrets to finding gold. The first one is, It has to be lost where you are searching. The second one is, you have to get your coil over it. Once you have both those secrets mastered, you will find gold in a hole. No need to thank me. I find enough so I can share my secrets.

That is exactly the 100% correct answer.
Anything else is wishful thinking.
:)
mike

Not that you can't find gold rings with an FBS detector (E-Trac & CTX) but it isn't their strong suit. Consider that the primary transmit freq that is actually processed is 3.125 kHz, which is very low and is not going to force deep eddies in a target unless the near surface is conductive (like silver coins). The higher harmonic that is also processed is weak and doesn't have the needed effect to get weak conductors.

A higher freq detector would be more suited for rings.

Johnnyanglo,
that could be part of the reason but i think there's also something else going on with FBS.

As i indicated in a similar previous post, i tried air testing a very large heavy pure gold 'chain' necklace. It could not detect it with the stock coin pattern and only barely detected it in all metal using max man. sens and only at a couple inches max. Beyond that couple inches, crickets. My single freq. ATPro strongly detected that same necklace at around 10 inches or better as i remember.
Lower FBS center freq. or not, it should of detected that large mass gold chain necklace better than a 2" and with a very faint audible indication in those 2".

The eTRAC in addition to having detection issues with some certain small form factor jewelry also might have issues with loosely chained necklaces dependant on how their configuration was when they were dropped and buried.
It could have something to do with the eddy current phase relationships from one link to the other.
If there's a good amount of space thus electrical insulation between the chain links, i suspect the FBS multiple xmit frequencies and their possibly differing phase relationships could be inducing eddy currents which are out of phase in adjacent links thus cancelling each other out.

I also air tested a thin semi-circle hoop type earring which the eTRAC couldn't detect at all. A thin wire half circle conductor with no hope of completing an electrical eddy current circuit of any consequence. Again, as the coil is swept over that open circuit thin wire, it could also be a phase cancelling thing going on with no room for the possibly differing freq. eddy current phases to circulate but to bump into each other. The ATPro strongly detected that earring.