Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why in the past year has there been a concerted effort to ask E-trac & Explorer owners to Suspend Reality?

BarnacleBill

I rarely post on Explorer, E-trac, & Safari forums, but I do read them. Since the release of a couple of other brand's higher end detectors there has been a campaign to discount the quality & quantity of Finds posted on the Minelab forums. Those efforts have come in many forms, from outright bashing by employees of other companies to the more guised altruistic, "for the good of the hobby", don't post your finds lest the Archies come and drag you away in the night.

What is really being asked is to please don't post your Find's of all of that deep Silver because it harms the sales of other brands. And to non-Minelab owners the Finds being posted are explained away by reasoning such as:

1. Minelab owners are braggarts.
2. They post Finds to self justify the amount they spent on their detectors.
3. They own more cameras than other hobbyists.
4. On a percentile basis they own the same number of cameras but are just a bunch of shutterbugs.
5. They are in an obsessive competition with one another.
6. They post all those Silver coins because they can't find any CW relics like real men.
7. They all received free equipment and are following orders from Oz.
8. There's five guys who do all the Find's postings and the rest are just a bunch of hanger-on'ers.

And on it goes, the continual request that Minelab forum visitors not believe their eyes and take on this altered reality I'll term the Anti-Minelab Matrix.

And what's behind it, the same thing that's usually behind this type of crap.......Money. The latest slant is the Ecumenical, one where all High End Detectors are equal. They will all find the same amount of desired targets if operated in the same soil with operators of equal skill. There's just one little problem with that proposal, it is easily discounted by going and looking at the number of quality Find's posted on those various other model's forums. But Findmall visitors are being asked to not believe their eyes because, well you see it takes two years to learn how to adjust that other detector. Or well, it doesn't do so good in bad dirt, but in Sugar Sand it's a monster machine.

There are vested interests at work, the selling of other brand detectors, books, videos(DVD'S) etc. Certain Field Testers and Team Members of organized hunts are encouraged to promote their brand by discounting the Finds posted on the Minelab forums. Suspend reality don't believe what you see with your own eyes! It's all an elaborate illusion involving a conspiracy by hundred's of Minelab forum members that are all being paid off, or don't really exist, they're just fake Screen Names created in a computer center in Oz.

Enough already! American Manufacturer's quit whining! If you put half as much effort into hiring the necessary intellectual horsepower to technically compete you wouldn't have to be resorting to this Snarky BS. And we'll all know when you've accomplished that by the greater number of Finds that are being posted on your own forums.

And for those that like parables: "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves." That's about as Ecumenical as I get. :lol:

HH
BarnacleBill

n/t

Actually, you have it all wrong, it is a conspiracy by other Explorer/E-trac owners to get the competition using something other than Explorers/E-Trac's; and now you've gone and ruined it....... :ranting:

The DIRTY DOG!!!!!:hot:

You have said just about all that can be said. Great Job :minelab: . Alot of the finds are never posted for various reasons. No camera,to busy with the hunting, For me I would rather make good finds than talk about them. :usaa:

HH BiLL IL

BarnacleBill said:
I rarely post on Explorer, E-trac, & Safari forums, but I do read them. Since the release of a couple of other brand's higher end detectors there has been a campaign to discount the quality & quantity of Finds posted on the Minelab forums. Those efforts have come in many forms, from outright bashing by employees of other companies to the more guised altruistic, "for the good of the hobby", don't post your finds lest the Archies come and drag you away in the night.

What is really being asked is to please don't post your Find's of all of that deep Silver because it harms the sales of other brands. And to non-Minelab owners the Finds being posted are explained away by reasoning such as:

1. Minelab owners are braggarts.
2. They post Finds to self justify the amount they spent on their detectors.
3. They own more cameras than other hobbyists.
4. On a percentile basis they own the same number of cameras but are just a bunch of shutterbugs.
5. They are in an obsessive competition with one another.
6. They post all those Silver coins because they can't find any CW relics like real men.
7. They all received free equipment and are following orders from Oz.
8. There's five guys who do all the Find's postings and the rest are just a bunch of hanger-on'ers.

And on it goes, the continual request that Minelab forum visitors not believe their eyes and take on this altered reality I'll term the Anti-Minelab Matrix.

And what's behind it, the same thing that's usually behind this type of crap.......Money. The latest slant is the Ecumenical, one where all High End Detectors are equal. They will all find the same amount of desired targets if operated in the same soil with operators of equal skill. There's just one little problem with that proposal, it is easily discounted by going and looking at the number of quality Find's posted on those various other model's forums. But Findmall visitors are being asked to not believe their eyes because, well you see it takes two years to learn how to adjust that other detector. Or well, it doesn't do so good in bad dirt, but in Sugar Sand it's a monster machine.

There are vested interests at work, the selling of other brand detectors, books, videos(DVD'S) etc. Certain Field Testers and Team Members of organized hunts are encouraged to promote their brand by discounting the Finds posted on the Minelab forums. Suspend reality don't believe what you see with your own eyes! It's all an elaborate illusion involving a conspiracy by hundred's of Minelab forum members that are all being paid off, or don't really exist, they're just fake Screen Names created in a computer center in Oz.

Enough already! American Manufacturer's quit whining! If you put half as much effort into hiring the necessary intellectual horsepower to technically compete you wouldn't have to be resorting to this Snarky BS. And we'll all know when you've accomplished that by the greater number of Finds that are being posted on your own forums.

And for those that like parables: "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves." That's about as Ecumenical as I get. :lol:

HH
BarnacleBill

:crylol::crylol::crylol::crylol:

You can fool all the people some of the time but you can't fool some of the people all of the time, and those are the ones willing to find out for themselves.

I don't post my finds because my Etrac and SE Pro can detect items beyond the limits of most ordinary cameras! Well said. Amen

Well Said. After witnessing a very recent competition, the shenanigans were plentiful. It's such an overwhelming experience that most never paid attention to the who's, what's, and how's that managed to ensure large quantities of finds.

I was perplexed by the precarious pre-meditated prearranged predetermined outcome. And even more-so by the smiles and nervous joy that accompanied the outcome.

I remember when I started following the Explorer forum as a die hard Fisher man.I saw all the silver being posted and decided the only way to see if they were that much better was to get one.I bought the first clean Ex II with 3 coils from a forum sponsor that I saw listed and have never looked back.I tried the Vision when it first came out and I liked it but I liked my E-Trac a lot more so I sold it and have never regretted it ,Ray.

Um Im wondering what everyone read into my posting of 40 odd bottlecaps so far.

So just to clarify... No I dont work for Whites or Garrett. I think the E-Trac is awesome and the only thing holding back this brilliant machine is my acute lack of skills.

Sounds like a bad case of cabin fever. I recommend 3 doses of detecting at the first practical opportunity.
I must admit to having a quiet chuckle to myself a few times when talking to 3 dealers of 3 brands of detectors. They each bagged out the other brands to varying degrees, as well as having a bit of a dig at each other. They are each passionate about the hobby and their particular brand of detector. It just seems to be part of the hobby, very much like dealers of certain brands of cars. When ever I see it, I only consider it to be comments from someone with a closed mind or that they feel that they have to defend their brand of detector. I remember that there was a post on here a while ago about What was being told to Minelab dealers by Minelab about how the E-trac was better than the V3. If what was written here was correct, then they were really quite silly comments to have been made. The E-trac is a great detector, same as the V3, and each have their place.
I also like my Garrett machines and know what you can do with them and have been bagged out by others who have owned one in the past, but didn't get to know how to use them to good effect, therefore drawing the conclusion that they are rubbish and anybody that says that you can do this or that with them must be telling porkies.
Happy hunting.
Mick Evans.