Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why in the past year has there been a concerted effort to ask E-trac & Explorer owners to Suspend Reality?

( part time uk hunter)
I think some people buy the explorers and e -tracs just so they can go post messages saying they are finding tons of silver.

The discrimination ability of the e- tracs and explorers is better than anything out there. they tell you a hell of a lot about whats buried down underground.
Personally i find these machine's are fantastic toys to play with , i spend hours playing with settings and making lovely patterns my self.

One thing i believe is that explorer users / e -trac are more serious hunters in general.

Another thing is quite a few explorer/ e trac users seem to diss the top range whites but not as often do top range whites users diss the minelabs.

Many posts all over the net say something like " i bought a vision / v3 and it was good but i sold it and bought an e -trac" .

A lot of stuff posted on the Internet should not be believed.

I can tell you this that the top range whites are as good as the minelabs only that they look different.

I own a v3 and an e- trac ,both machines have there places , i recommend users should own both machines , by owning both machines you can clear the finds out most places very very well. The V3 is totally superb on hammered coins and gold rings, much better than my old dfx. The e- trac with it's customisable screens is nice to cherry pick certain coins like

I'm with you Del.......get out and have fun with what you got.

Mick, you are right, it is a bad case of cabin fever.

Solutions:

1) Take a trip South and go detecting
2) Take your wife and girlfriend on a vacation and have at it.
3) Stop drinking and get some exercise.

Where is the "campaign" against Minelab? Who has ever said "don't post finds"? Where did you get "continual request that Minelab forum visitors not believe their eyes"? Who is discounting "the finds posted on the Minelab forum?" You've even taken on the writing style of my favorite ranter, Rush Limbaugh, full of paranoia about all things around him.

Remember, #1 above, then #2, then #3.

----

Minelab Sov
Minelab Ex-II
Fisher F75 LTD

Awe guys, it is called 'venting' won't hurt and makes for entertaining early morning reading. I'a a going dirt fishing this afternoon, unless these clouds open up sooner than expected.

It's common knowledge that the Explorers are thought of as "heavy", with slow recovery speeds. That's ok. I think it forced the original Explorer series users to SLOW DOWN while hunting and this inevitably will lead to digging deep silver at supposedly "hunted out" sites. Ask Bryce in IL about the link between GOING SLOW and digging deep silver if you don't believe it. Hey, it doesn't hurt that the Explorers are wicked-deep too. I'm mainly an E-Trac user right now, but I've also got hundreds of hours with a F75, which I also like. I've dug many deep silver coins with the F75, however, the F75 allows me to move much faster, and consequently, I get tricked into believing that I've thoroughly covered a site, when in fact, I haven't. I returned to a schoolbus sized area the other day with my E-Trac and 10x12 SEF that I have absolutely pounded the crap out of with my F75. I pulled two more deep silver and a wheatie within minutes. So, I think by virtue of the electronics and build of the Minelabs, we are forced to hunt a little slower, which ultimately will result in more deep silver. Just my two cents.

Ziphius you hit the nail on the head. Add to that a great choice in coils to use giving more ways to attack a hunting zone..
I hunt with a bud with 25years in and 10 years on the same tone only machine and trained to creep across a hot spot and almost always does well.

Trade your old detector in on a Minelab, you will be glad you did. Yes my dad used a *#&%# brand doesnt make it bad but well I enjoy digging all the deep good stuff that brand X left behind.

there are also explorer users bashing other explorer users...not believing that a person finds 10 to 20 silvers in one outing! detector users should find a machine that is "right" for them and stick to it...detect and learn all that one can...the goodies will flow!

I don't know what to say.....I've hunted a place I've posted on here several times in the last few weeks and pulled some great numbers of coins each time with the E Trac. The coins jingled when I dropped them in my pouch, sounded like coins. When I washed them they had faces on them too so they must have been coins. Well I'll have you know, I got my tail handed to me today at this same place. I've gotten over 300 coins out of this one spot and it is small. It was tough today like I said. I thought I had gotten virtually everything there. A guy with with a metal detector cleaned out over 50 coins in a couple of hours from this small spot I've ran 4 different coils over. OOP's I cannot tell a lie, it was me with the 10X12 SEF on the E Trac. It had to come loaded with coins because there is no way it could have pulled all of them from the same little spot. That's it! Coin loaded coils! You run them and they drop a coin every few minutes to pick up just to make pictures to post. Gotta love the em....... Beep and dig, Beep and dig............

Jack Flynn said:
I've gotten over 300 coins out of this one spot and it is small. It was tough today like I said. ....... Beep and dig, Beep and dig............
:clapping:

lol, I gotta find one of those spots somwwhere.

I run one of those "other" brands and there is no doubt what the best machines are. It's the car/truck that gets the best man to where he's going to hunt. There is no doubt that the E-track has earned it's stripes and you can always readily see biased slamming against any "other" brand. Some folks just have to tear something down to build something else up... and those types use it as a "life skill".

You like what you like and let them enjoy the pissing contest.

I love reading the road trip reports some of you guys posts. Gotta admire the drive you have to go on those multi-state trips, hit the older towns and hoover the 'locals' silver out from under their noses. :lol:

Recently there was a newbie post from St Louis on another forum asking about a mid level detector for old coin hunting. I did not have the heart to inform him what he was up against.

Tom

Thats about the short of it here in the big city "NYC". Most detectorest ive seen are only chery picking. Many say tha the parks i hunt are hunted out. In short thats true. Hunted out down to 5" lol. Yet 6" and beyond its all targets and plenty of silver. I dont show my finds to anyone i run into. I do post them on here. I think ML owners are more involved with learning there machine and there sites. I have a friend i hunt with who used a F2 and found a barber coin spill while hunting with me. It wasnt deep but i put him in a spot that no one would hunt. How about all the GP machines being sold now on ebay and the likes? To many people think the hobbie is a get ritch quick thing. Only to find out the finds are only a treasure to them and only worth face value. The real treasure here to be found is cash. Bundles of it burried by all the drug dealing gangs in the city. I need a cash detector lol.

I'm glad there is animosity towards Minelab user's deep silver finds... It really helps me justify my own animosity towards other brands with their: 1) Great customer service. 2) Outstanding product quality control off the assembly line 3) Look, I just found gold ring #287 for the year with my light as a feather machine. 4)GREAT warranty. 5) Didn't have to re-finance the house to pay for their machine....
It has to be the amount of finds being posted that bends them out of shape. I know it's not the state-of-the-art graphical interface rivaling that of "Pong" that makes them green with envy. With that said, I think I would still rather be digging and posting deep silver. :wiggle: JJ :minelab: