Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why no ctx updates

stateguyt

I hear there going to be update on the equinox
If that’s true. Why not for the ctx it double the price. Maybe 3xs the price

Only ML execs can answer that and they arent talking. I would guess the answer is because there arent any flaws to be fixed. All the updates released so far (for CTX or Equinox) have been to address problems or language choices. Lots of us have given lists of things we want to see tweeked in the CTX, but to date ML doesnt seem interested in our opinions.

FYI, the second Equinox update IS released as of today.

Wandering Karl said:
thebigd81 said:
Why is an update needed? The CTX seems just fine as far as I'm concerned

This.
They can update when they get a way to distinguish gold from aluminum. Right, Tom?

Gosh that would be an update I'd be willing to pay money for!

I wonder if they could do something to make it perform better on thin chains and small gold - like nuggets. It does very well on anything that is a ring, just loses it on nuggets and thin chains. Something like the prospect mode on the equinox would be worthwhile.

bklein said:
I wonder if they could do something to make it perform better on thin chains and small gold - like nuggets. It does very well on anything that is a ring, just loses it on nuggets and thin chains. Something like the prospect mode on the equinox would be worthwhile.

I doubt they could without a major re-do. The lack of ability to see the small low conductors is because the nature of the frequencies involved. CTX kicks butt on silver and coins because its frequency spread is heavily biased to the low end. Its highly suspected that the upper end of the frequency spectrum used is coming from harmonics and doesnt have the power, otherwise it SHOULD kick ass on small gold.

Don't quote me on anything because I am just guessing and talking.

I would imagine that through the process of designing the Multi IQ platform that the engineers are cooking up the next Minelab flagship based on that particular technology. I would say that will be the replacement for the CTX, and that there will not be any more updates to it. That's just my uneducated redneck-ology guess.

Daniel Tn said:
Don't quote me on anything because I am just guessing and talking.

I would imagine that through the process of designing the Multi IQ platform that the engineers are cooking up the next Minelab flagship based on that particular technology. I would say that will be the replacement for the CTX, and that there will not be any more updates to it. That's just my uneducated redneck-ology guess.

ML has already stated that they have gone as far as they can go with the FBS technology. Thats why the new lineup all use M-IQ. I do agree they are working on the new "flagship" to replace the CTX. We can only hope its a nice blending of the points we love about each platform.

Here's a great update that many of us would appreciate and I imagine wouldn't be that difficult for minelab engineers.....The ability to control the volume in the different bins, like the equinox. I'd love to be able to lower the volume of the bins i have set for iron and aluminum foil, as i tend to hunt open screen. Everything at the same volume level is somewhat annoying

A more difficult update that I'm sure is beyond abilities of current technology is the ability to eliminate iron falsing. How nice would it be to dig that very faint 10" signal and have it actually be a coin, rather than a small piece of rusted iron.
Perhaps one day!?

And while unfortunate, I agree with others folks that at this point , ML folks aren't even thinking about a firmware update to a detector released over 7 years ago.

Capreo said:
Here's a great update that many of us would appreciate and I imagine wouldn't be that difficult for minelab engineers.....The ability to control the volume in the different bins, like the equinox. I'd love to be able to lower the volume of the bins i have set for iron and aluminum foil, as i tend to hunt open screen. Everything at the same volume level is somewhat annoying

A more difficult update that I'm sure is beyond abilities of current technology is the ability to eliminate iron falsing. How nice would it be to dig that very faint 10" signal and have it actually be a coin, rather than a small piece of rusted iron.
Perhaps one day!?

And while unfortunate, I agree with others folks that at this point , ML folks aren't even thinking about a firmware update to a detector released over 7 years ago.

Couldn't agree more, a 50 conductive/combined setup would be nice too.

OK Jason in Enid, anyone who reads the posts with the lowest number of posts on the findmal fourm knows that you your are going to defend Minelab. That being said They did advertise to make sales with one of the selling points being that they WOULD BE ALBE to make SOFTWARE upgrades to the program.

Dont hash me out yet....I love my CTX and have had quite a few detectors to compare it with. Im not expecting any upgrades on it and if I did it wouild only be the ablility to cancel sounds of items found in the fisrt 4 inches of soil but realize that the accuracy of the depth indication changes with each coil ( only three or 4 of) and that it would be a huge feet to make some of the changes wanted and more profitable to build new detectors with them in. So crying about upgrades is not going to make it happen and I am getting weary of seeing these posts over the years Ive owned my CTX.

ID rather focus on Jason in Enid encouraging folks to post pictures and stories of there finds which I much more enjoy and will help folks talk more about how they are finding and are using the amazing CTX.

(ONLY 317 new posts common you people)

Here’s an idea for an update....and tell me where I’m going out of bounds here...how about making the “Auto” sensitivity feature go to +5 or +6? Or would this be akin to the amp going to 11? Is +3 all the higher it CAN go for reasons I don’t know? I think there’s a benefit from driving the most stable of the 3 channels the hardest in Auto, but at the expense of depth. I know I know...just switch to Manual sensitivity and be done...and I do, but....sometimes I like the smoothness of Auto, even though I know it’s not optimal for depth at times(or ever, IDK...).
As far as what Shovelhead said above....that’s one of the reasons I film...to show people what the machines CAN do. There is always a video here or a video there about what a machine CAN’T do....and I think the different technologies offered in early FBS(before they straightened the curve), FBS/2 with the straightened curve and more options for adjustability and the newer Multi-IQ make for an INCREDIBLE stable of tools to use. Adjustable bin volumes would be GREAT! This might be the most common request for an update. Thankfully they DID put it on the Equinox. To me, not being able to fully adjust the bin disc ranges on the 600 is a disadvantage, I’m glad I went with the 800. If the parts are already onboard the 600, perhaps this could be an “in app upgrade” for 600 users?....
I’ve had SO much success with Minelab it’s hard for me to find fault with much of anything, really. I am a fanboy. Totally.:)