Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why the 1-10 pattern works for me

Elmy

SOMETIMES IT JUST AIN"T A COIN

20200822_104833.jpg

20200822_104824_Burst02.jpg

20200822_104812.jpg

I just like to find mainly coins ! The 1-10 pattern makes it work for me.

Last edited:
Hunted old school yard (1911) for about an hr. yesterday. Site has been hunted for years, but I have pulled some Mercs and one Barber dime. Quit because of the heat and my wandering produced too few targets. Did dig one clad dime. It was +/- 6" deep (just below 'gray line') and turned out to be '68 mint. The old "close but no cigar". Hoping for some cooler weather and some rain. Also need a better site. :rolleyes:

Hunted old school yard (1911) for about an hr. yesterday. Site has been hunted for years, but I have pulled some Mercs and one Barber dime. Quit because of the heat and my wandering produced too few targets. Did dig one clad dime. It was +/- 6" deep (just below 'gray line') and turned out to be '68 mint. The old "close but no cigar". Hoping for some cooler weather and some rain. Also need a better site. :rolleyes:
110 pattern ? if so I removed the 37 co line and added in the 34 co....just because of too many zinc's came in at 37 co....some indian pennies do in the right old spot but not for old schools and parks around here.

Glad to see the grey line is being used...it will get the stuff.

I had a pattern VERY close to 1 10. Modified it a bit, incl settings and used it.

Last edited:
Is the 1 10 pattern available for download somewhere ? Im a newbie
You can duplicate this pattern from the pic....click the link above...

Elmy, as long as it's a conductive target, I'm happy!
I do get what your saying....But as mainly a coin hunter....I will not dig 50 holes in a yard to get 5 coins....and most land owners seem to appreciate that.

I do get what your saying....But as mainly a coin hunter....I will not dig 50 holes in a yard to get 5 coins....and most land owners seem to appreciate that.
Agreed! But as you say, sometimes they're just not coins!

Agreed! But as you say, sometimes they're just not coins!
If you want dog tags ...costume jewelry...junk chains..lead and even thimbles....rivets....can slaw....shotgun and 22 casings.... harmonica reeds....... yes.
I just don't care for that type of a conductive target.....This post was of what I don't like to dig...but will to get the silver coin.
If that is treasure to some...I am sure enough leaving plenty of it in the dirt for you to retrieve.
Sorry to be so blunt....but after all the years I have put into this hobby...I have to feel any silver coin or specifically targeted item, such as a gold ring is a challenge to repeatedly dig each and every hunt.
AND it make the hunts ... FUN and challenging !

If you want dog tags ...costume jewelry...junk chains..lead and even thimbles....rivets....can slaw....shotgun and 22 casings.... harmonica reeds....... yes.
I just don't care for that type of a conductive target.....This post was of what I don't like to dig...but will to get the silver coin.
If that is treasure to some...I am sure enough leaving plenty of it in the dirt for you to retrieve.
Sorry to be so blunt....but after all the years I have put into this hobby...I have to feel any silver coin or specifically targeted item, such as a gold ring is a challenge to repeatedly dig each and every hunt.
AND it make the hunts ... FUN and challenging !
Elmy I understand! I too want to find COINS! I don't actively search for other conductive targets on purpose. The 'iffy' signals I do dig are with the hope that it might be a deep coin, but turn out to be something else. I meant that my disappointment is lessened if the target is at least interesting....i.e. 'good for tokens', political campaign badges etc. Since I make knives, I don't mind recovering an old pocket knife once in a while.

Elmy I understand! I too want to find COINS! I don't actively search for other conductive targets on purpose. The 'iffy' signals I do dig are with the hope that it might be a deep coin, but turn out to be something else. I meant that my disappointment is lessened if the target is at least interesting....i.e. 'good for tokens', political campaign badges etc. Since I make knives, I don't mind recovering an old pocket knife once in a while.
from just talking with you I know you also have a few tips up your sleeve....you should share some of what you know and someone may benefit from it.....Anyone can use things I post or laugh at them...their choice.
Appreciate you comments and also your arguments....if any.