Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

why would you pick the 600?

I'm starting to become confused again ( might be my age ) but how can it be submersible to 3 meters with blue tooth? I think it was Dew that noticed it does not have the M12 connector we use on the CTX. So what ip68 connector is used and with what phones on the 800 model ? I still say I don't need the 20kHz or 40kHz single frequency options as they would not work for me in the salt water but what phones and connector is going 3 meters ? Steve, good to see you, but hard wired phones aren't a bad thing as you can change the phone end to whatever phones you like and leave the detector end alone. Before I started doing pp mods and coil mods on the Excal's I changed the phones on many of them and never opened the tube. Getting off track here. WTH kinda phones and ip68 connector is used on either machine to go 3 meters ? End of rant. Good luck to all.

JP, you took the words right out of my mouth, 15" on the 600 for me if it can handle the salt. Still keep seeing Equinox can handle the salt ALMOST as good as the CTX and eTrack..

The CTX 3030 is rated at 3 m waterproof with the waterproof headphones. So I am guessing the equinox will have aftermarket waterproof headphones available. Hopefully better than those yellow Koss! I have had the CTX submerged a handful of times with no problems but prefer the Excal for wading.

Ksdirt...can you elaborate?

\"Carolina\" said:
I'm starting to become confused again ( might be my age ) but how can it be submersible to 3 meters with blue tooth? I think it was Dew that noticed it does not have the M12 connector we use on the CTX. So what ip68 connector is used and with what phones on the 800 model ? I still say I don't need the 20kHz or 40kHz single frequency options as they would not work for me in the salt water but what phones and connector is going 3 meters ? Steve, good to see you, but hard wired phones aren't a bad thing as you can change the phone end to whatever phones you like and leave the detector end alone. Before I started doing pp mods and coil mods on the Excal's I changed the phones on many of them and never opened the tube. Getting off track here. WTH kinda phones and ip68 connector is used on either machine to go 3 meters ? End of rant. Good luck to all.

Youre not the only one confused about the headphones and waterproof abilities. I don't know if anyone knows right now, I have heard a tester say that their EQ800 doesnt have the wireless setup in it. I am hoping to use mine occasionally at the beach and in the surf so I hope those things were thought out well.

Jason in Enid said:
\"Carolina\" said:
Jason, What I do know is a single frequency will not work on my salt beach. As I said, I am a water hunter not a dirt digger so by your own reasoning the 600 would be the smarter choice for me. If neither use the higher frequency in Multi- IQ then I would loose either way. I also own FBS and BBS and the strongest PI out there so this is more of a whim than anything since none of us know the truth.

So you NEVER hunt the dry sand? If you do, the higher freqs would be better. Why would you limit your options as long as money wasn't the limit? I wouldn't recommend for anyone to buy a higher model if you can't easily afford it.

Dry sand hunting in high frequency would be a nightmare, strong hits on every tiny speck of aluminum about 1/8 inch in diameter.

Jason in Enid said:
\"Carolina\" said:

Youre not the only one confused about the headphones and waterproof abilities. I don't know if anyone knows right now, I have heard a tester say that their EQ800 doesnt have the wireless setup in it. I am hoping to use mine occasionally at the beach and in the surf so I hope those things were thought out well.

It appears to have a threaded port for wired waterproof headphones, above and left of the coil connector.

eqx1.jpg

“Why would you limit your options, unless price was the...”.

Let me say this, I went eith the higher priced option on the CTX, just so I didnt miss anything that others would have...
Fast forward to 2017, to date, I have never ised or even tried the WM module for my CTX, for that matter, the rechargable battery too.
So , at this point, Im not sure why I paid for the more pricey option.
I guess its good that they are offering options.
I would like them to offer an option to pay for ongoing firmware upgrades, that they actually develop.
Sorry Minelab, never got over the false marketing from the CTX.

mcb613 said:
“Why would you limit your options, unless price was the...”.

Let me say this, I went eith the higher priced option on the CTX, just so I didnt miss anything that others would have...
Fast forward to 2017, to date, I have never ised or even tried the WM module for my CTX, for that matter, the rechargable battery too.
So , at this point, Im not sure why I paid for the more pricey option.
I guess its good that they are offering options.
I would like them to offer an option to pay for ongoing firmware upgrades, that they actually develop.
Sorry Minelab, never got over the false marketing from the CTX.

I dont even know how to reply to this without being insulting.... If you dont like the wm-10 I can understand a personal preference but to have never even tried it? I guess you just like being tied to your detector by a leash? A never used the rechargable battery.... thats just plain stupid. You are paying money for disposable batteries when a you can recharge the factory one for free. So many things I want to say about that but I'm going to stop.

If you are like most and want to resell the 600 or upgrade to a different detector you will see that they will not have the resale value and will find it is hard to sell compared to the 800. Back when the Explorer first came out they had one that didn't have all the options on called the Explorer S and dont remember the difference right now but some bought them and wish they would have got the XS which was a little more. Now when they went to sell them they were hard to sell and trade in value was less then the difference of the 2 detectors.
Now where it was OK was when the Sovereigns had a pro series in the early black box XS series and the difference was the Pro had the 550 meter which many didn't like care for so we got the reg series as the detectors where the same and we could put on our own meter or like some went without the meter. I don't think it made any resale value difference or trade in as the rest of the detector was same between the 2 of them. That is one of many reason I ordered in 2 of the 800 series Equinox.

Rick