Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wild West Stage Stop Stuff and photo size question

"Dr.Tones"

Hey guys, sorry it's been a while. I've been trying to get my digging in before the cold arrives. Here's one of our most recent hunts at an old site. It originally started as a stage stop and then turned into a small town. After the rail came through the town disappeared, like so many do. On a side note. Does anyone know why the photo size limit is sooooooo small? Can we fix this? I feel like we'd all post more stuff if we didn't have to convert and re-size every picture first. Just my two cents.

Great finds Brandon. As far as pictures most likely it comes down to available storage space. I would suggest linking to photos hosted elsewhere or just using irfanview or the Mac equivalent to bulk resize a handful of photos...

Very nice looking finds Tones! And I can see how you would have a problem getting that BIG SILVER into such small image file sizes! Great group of artifacts and coins! Man I need to go hunting at a spot like you go to!

Nice finds and great photos Brandon :thumbup: Unless you are gong to make enlargements, you can shoot in a lower res format to keep below the 420 KB limit. :shrug:

I agree with Larry; just shoot in the lowest resolution possible. The photos won't be quite as sharp, but still good enough.

Nice digs Brandon!! You hit the nail on the head with the photo size issue, ill try the lower resolution option.
hh Jeff

I think I'll just try the bulk re-sizing option as I don't want to take low resolution pics. Thanks guys!

Sweet finds DrTones!!! I have watched most if not all your videos and see that you must spend a lot of time researching places,to hunt. I am not asking you to reveal any secrets, but would you be willing to share a pointer or two on where to start researching such awesome sites? Winter is just around the corner and Along with many others like me, I plan to spend some time researching next years hunts. Any advice you could give would be great!

Excellent finds Brandon - congrats on that big, beautiful Morgan!
I use Photoshop to resize my photos - when you save .jpg files you can dial down the save quality to fit the requirements.

Silveraddiction- mostly just web based research. You'd be surprised what you can find on the internet

DrTones - Thanks, after writing that message I went to the local library to see what I could find and was pleasantly suppressed at some books of old local maps I found. I just moved to the area and have been struggling to find a good place to MD as the area is picked over by a local club. The books I found have ghost town sites, wagon roads, and 1800,s ferry crossing sites. Can't wait to get out and locate a few of these sites! Your videos inspired me to dig deeper,Thanks!