Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Will there eventually be a V3i classroom?

nw1886

It's beginning to have been a good amount of time since the introduction of our machine. We have all seen so much go on in our learning, Whites hard work in further development, and now.....the strong base to have a classroom? Do you think the timing would be right for it? Just a thought and wondering (at what point) the need will be triggered.....

I can't see the advantage of having a separate classroom when this forum is mostly a classroom anyway.... it seems to me anyway. Maybe what we need is a separate forum to post our finds? Did anyone else notice Bradley posting his U.S. buckle find on the Metal Detecting Forum? http://www.findmall.com/read.php?18,1375159

I have always thought of this forum as a combination teaching/showing finds forum. I do not mind that it is all in one forum. I guess as long as there are not a flood of posts where things may become buried out of site, I would rather have it this way. Although I am not adept enough with the V3i to post anything yet, I eventually will. I do read the posts here during lunch time every day. It's kind of like having my cake (the teaching/learning) with frosting (the goodies found).

Personally, I think it would be a good idea to have a sort a "what did you find this week"? Forum. Then people using every kind of detector could post finds on one forum, (the ground rules being that you don't say, "I hunted this place a hundred times with brand-x detector then found all this cool stuff with my new brand-y detector").

Just a forum to post finds. For example I found these relics and coins at this (pic) old homesite using my (insert name) detector. I was using these (insert) settings.

It wouldn't be a comparison forum but would encourage people to post pictures of their finds and what they found it with. Maybe I am wrong but I think a general finds forum would be a good thing. It could even have sub-forums, if this forum software will support it.

Seems like a good idea to me.

However, if someone put up a V3i "finds of the day/week" forum well, everyone who uses any other brand would want one too. There is a "Friends and Finds" forum but it is more general discussion and a "Wahtzit" froum for those weird alien technology finds, laff... but I think a "Finds this Week" forum encompassing all brands (without comparisons unless via PM) would be a great addition to Findmall.

Julien

I'd love to see White's (or their designated rep) hold regional training workshops. This forum provides great advice but I would like the opportunity to have in person training. Others might disagree but I would pay a reasonable fee to receive in field training. It might not necessarily be a money maker for Whites (they should at least cover their travel costs) but it would go a long way in customer training...not to mention additional sales of V3i's, or other Whites machines. Let's face it, the V3i has many features, many which will never be completely understood by a user unless they are shown via hands on training. Plus the networking opportunities would be valuable.

The V3i has many facets and sometimes slow folks like me need more than forum advice such as "read the manual" or "keep swinging it and you'll get the hang of it".

Just my proverbial two cents worth :thumbup:

But til then, is there any particular question you have which we could answer for you?

n/t

Took a while to get back to my initial post and do agree this forum has handled answering questions and help well! There is a huge "classroom" of info here. (No doubt.) Getting to it all boils down to having good search skills and being here (since around the V's launch) has kinda spoiled me? If you had to name the top few tricks to do a good search, what would they be?

The only "secret" to doing a search on Finds is to be sure to use at least 4 characters in your search field. This forum, by far, is the largest database of information on the V that I know of and most everything is available by using the search feature. Rob has an extensive library of information to help others and he will be back on line sometime this week after moving to Texas for the winter. In the meantime, don't forget the owners manual online and hard copy and the help menus built into the V3i.

There is so information available on the V it is almost impossible to catalog it all in an easy to find way other than writing a book which is badly needed and this might explain why it has been taking so long for one to be written and published.

Another brand has both a classroom and separate forum. The classroom doesn't seem to get much traffic and the questions get answered on the forum most of the time. Check it out yourself. 90%+ of the questions have already been asked and are on the forum. This is were the search feature will help. Otherwise just ask. I just don't see the need for a separate classroom.

[attachment 184441 Reading.gif]

Training sessions are fine, and we have experts, but how far are people willing to travel? If you have to travel far, it's hard to get free time and motels aren't cheap. Larry (expert) :devil: would have more to say on this subject.

nw1886 said:
Took a while to get back to my initial post and do agree this forum has handled answering questions and help well! There is a huge "classroom" of info here. (No doubt.) Getting to it all boils down to having good search skills and being here (since around the V's launch) has kinda spoiled me? If you had to name the top few tricks to do a good search, what would they be?

I agree that "There is a huge "classroom" of info here" but just like info on another site for the V3i, the practical real world application for one particular THr can't be settled much of the time in words in a response. It's like the actual Bible in a general way. You couldn't take the original Bible and apply it by merely reading the text, of by asking your friends for the accurate answer you need, it takes a gathering with actual people to get the applications down pat, otherwise it's easy to just give up the battle being that the "books" of both the Bible and this v3i are simply too tangled and jumbled for the average Joe and Sally to apply in the actual current situations at hand.

A classroom would be good. To parallel the topic to another sport, let's talk about billiards. I have a whole bookshelf of pool related information, including videos. I have also had classroom study in the sport of billiards, and after even one hour of class, I've kept the knowledge forever. It is important to have first hand, real people instruction. There is just too much going on in the V3i once you start tweaking, one thing interacts with another, then the performance goes south and other hunters with machines costing a fraction of the V3i, smokes you in the field. That happens too! Jm2c. martin

Hi Folks: have read the above threads and agree the forum on many of these sites provide valuable info on the V.The th'ers from all over the country indicate the potential for this machine.IMHO it would be a master stroke of marketing for a fine company like Whites to sponsor a workshop scenario where folks could possibly lower the level of the the complex learning curve mentioned in many of the forums I see.I've had my V3i since July 2010, and have read and tweaked,reread and retweaked and although dont hunt everyday but have a workable knowledge of detectors and coinshooting from my coinmaster machine days,nevertheless I feel I have miles to go to achieve anything like the results I read about from other users.Anecdotally I 've flyfished for thirty-five yrs.,and feel I'm a pretty proficient guy with a fly rod,however I also attend seminars and manufacturer"s demonstrations in the Philadelphia area and always come away with an education and a better understanding of the equipment I use often and know like the back of my hand.
With regard to my V3i I'm not even convinced at this point that I have a reliable coil with the D2 stock coil.Just my 2 cents....Jack from Pa

5900_XL-1 said:
nw1886 said:

I agree that "There is a huge "classroom" of info here" but just like info on another site for the V3i, the practical real world application for one particular THr can't be settled much of the time in words in a response. It's like the actual Bible in a general way. You couldn't take the original Bible and apply it by merely reading the text, of by asking your friends for the accurate answer you need, it takes a gathering with actual people to get the applications down pat, otherwise it's easy to just give up the battle being that the "books" of both the Bible and this v3i are simply too tangled and jumbled for the average Joe and Sally to apply in the actual current situations at hand.

A classroom would be good. To parallel the topic to another sport, let's talk about billiards. I have a whole bookshelf of pool related information, including videos. I have also had classroom study in the sport of billiards, and after even one hour of class, I've kept the knowledge forever. It is important to have first hand, real people instruction. There is just too much going on in the V3i once you start tweaking, one thing interacts with another, then the performance goes south and other hunters with machines costing a fraction of the V3i, smokes you in the field. That happens too! Jm2c. martin

I couldn't agree more! Whites, are you listening? :thumbup:

Some dealers do offer a beginners class for the equipment they sell. When I'm talking a class room, it doesn't mean an actual "class" environment (either here or in a seminar form) but a place where there is consolidated subject threads. Plus....how far can or should something like that be carried? This V3i we all have is really straight forward to progress with and this forum has handle all our different rates of progression really well. My question was mostly oriented to just noticing the other classrooms and wondering at which point one is warranted. I do agree...this place does do a good job. Just settling in and enjoying the learning process is key to not only this but..........everything anyways.

I agree with leojack....any additional opportunities to learn something new or refine some old techniques is always welcomed. Whether free or FOR FEE, count me me!

If you are ever in the area look me up. We can work something out.

[attachment 184682 ani_einstein.gif]

[size=large]Use a smaller size search-head, for one.

and choose a single frequency for the class of target sought after.
[/size]