Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Will we ever see a light weight CTX ?

You and me to but it's all about the dollars . It's easier to sell 10 $1000 dollar detectors compared to a $2500 detector sales is the bottom line . The detector well have to have a bigger screen and face more functions more space for buttons (THEN IT WILL HAVE TO DO SOMETHING OTHER DETECTORS CAN'T DO) a real game changer to get the price they want and sales .I want to see that it trashes my CTX before I put my money down the nox does not trash my CTX but does have some functions I like if they put these changes in the CTX I will not buy I want a game changer something that puts it far above what's out there. sube

Sube since you mentioned it, how exactly do you feel the Nox compares to the CTX? What type of hunting do you do? What area of the country are you in? Thanks

Does any of the Metal Detector Manufacturers listen to their customers?? There are some outstanding suggestions around for just about any detector made but you still see the same mistakes made over and over. I find a Straight shaft on the Xcal to be a vast improvement but Minelab insists on putting the snake shaft on it. Weight of detectors. Electronics in a detector are not where the weight comes from. Some manufacturers are finally waking up and making them lighter but it took years of us complaining.

You can bet that Minelab is working on the next chapter to the CTX lineup! It's going to be tough to best an already flawless design!

We did IDX how a bout Angelina Jolie? Actually don't hold your breath too long. MLs still making tons on the EQ. The problem IMO is not so much weight as recovery. FBS technology is still the most innovative feature to hit the market. But most folks just don't want to pay for features they'll never use. E.q eliminate xchange2(I want to make changes in the field not at my pc) Findpoint, waypoint, GPS, snapshot, they all slow down your machine which is why I'll grab my other machine unless I'm doing a small area with my bad back. Retain the essential FBS features, patterns TT, TTpinpoint smooth quiet tones, auto/manual options, a screen thats actually easy to see in sunlight, maybe even through in an optional concentric coil. The 3030 has excellent arodynamics and doesnt feel much heavier than an EQ. But I feel the old back getting tight while it recovers. Make these changes price it a few hundred dollars above the EQ and I might first in line. Paul

We did IDX how a bout Angelina Jolie? Actually don't hold your breath too long. MLs still making tons on the EQ. The problem IMO is not so much weight as recovery. FBS technology is still the most innovative feature to hit the market. But most folks just don't want to pay for features they'll never use. E.q eliminate xchange2(I want to make changes in the field not at my pc) Findpoint, waypoint, GPS, snapshot, they all slow down your machine which is why I'll grab my other machine unless I'm doing a small area with my bad back. Retain the essential FBS features, patterns TT, TTpinpoint smooth quiet tones, auto/manual options, a screen thats actually easy to see in sunlight, maybe even through in an optional concentric coil. The 3030 has excellent arodynamics and doesnt feel much heavier than an EQ. But I feel the old back getting tight while it recovers. Make these changes price it a few hundred dollars above the EQ and I might first in line. Paul
I’m on the fence about that girl...some pics are great, others are downright frightening!🙂 I don’t ever use Xchange, all adjustments are on the fly, even patterns, tone profile adjustments, everything except mapping and GPS. The thing about FBS is that in order for it to be ACCURATE...it has to be SLOW. It NEEDS the time to look at the target. The same as riding in the passenger seat in a car at 60mph, cupping your hands and looking through them out the window. What do you see? A bunch of stuff that is hard to identify ACCURATELY. You saw SOMETHING, but you can’t say much more about it other than the obvious...it’s a person, a car, a tree....but the detail is lacking. The faster you go, the less detail you get. It’s a paradox of sorts, and Minelab knows this. Luckily, they didn’t just get here yesterday! But you’re right...retaining the ”ESSENTIAL FBS FEATURES” is, well...essential.
The CTX ergonomics for ME are correct, but swinging half an hour in between targets starts to wear on things a bit. On a side note, a couple months ago I traded my 800 for an eTrac. I just re-sold the eTrac. The ergo was TERRIBLE...for ME. It took all of 10 minutes for my wrist and forearm to literally go numb. And since I have the Explorer2 and CTX, it really didn’t ADD anything to my hunting. Great machine...just not my thing! The CTX and Explorer2 will ALWAYS be “my thing”. Until like you said...the thing you described comes into view!

I agree. The CTX will never be a fast machine but perhaps the term "less slow" might have been more appropriate if some of the bells and whistles were eliminated. Was wondering why you traded in your 800 which competes with my Deus for an Etrac which is an earlier FBS machine. I have a hunting buddy whose trying to sell his Etrac for the same reason much harder to swing for a long time than the CTX. I don't anticipate buying another machine unless we have an FBS upgrade. Have considered a Simplex mainly because its a lighter water machine and because a large concentric coil may be coming out which would be nice in limited areas. RIght now the two I have are perfect. CTX smaller trashy and Deus larger less trashy areas.

I agree. The CTX will never be a fast machine but perhaps the term "less slow" might have been more appropriate if some of the bells and whistles were eliminated. Was wondering why you traded in your 800 which competes with my Deus for an Etrac which is an earlier FBS machine. I have a hunting buddy whose trying to sell his Etrac for the same reason much harder to swing for a long time than the CTX. I don't anticipate buying another machine unless we have an FBS upgrade. Have considered a Simplex mainly because its a lighter water machine and because a large concentric coil may be coming out which would be nice in limited areas. RIght now the two I have are perfect. CTX smaller trashy and Deus larger less trashy areas.
The 800 simply didn’t produce results, and in retrospect, I shouldn’t have expected it to. I very well may get a Deus, but no EQX here even though it’s done well for others. The etrac was a step backward but I was in a position where perhaps the etrac would be my CTX backup. Not happening.

IDX said The CTX ergonomics for ME are correct, but swinging half an hour in between targets starts to wear on things a bit. On a side note, a couple months ago I traded my 800 for an eTrac. I just re-sold the eTrac. The ergo was TERRIBLE...for ME. It took all of 10 minutes for my wrist and forearm to literally go numb. And since I have the Explorer2 and CTX, it really didn’t ADD anything to my hunting. Great machine...just not my thing! The CTX and Explorer2 will ALWAYS be “my thing”. Until like you said...the thing you described comes into view!

I hated all the explorer and e-trac shafts they just killed your arm a moron designed them BUT THEY WORK this weight issue would not be a issue if drum roll THEY HAD A HIP MOUNT VERSION a detachable pod that mounted on your hip or left on the shaft . All they have to do is offer a longer cable simple da . Even swinging the nox is going to hurt after a while when your 60 or older ask me how i know you just start wearing out the older you get .HIP MOUNT HIP MOUNT minelab make your detectors hip mountable you would get a lot more sales or any maker it's not rocket science come on . sube

I was going to try putting the CTX pod and battery on my belt or something but then you lose the counterbalance. The battery could be made lighter with just 2 cells instead of 4. After using it last Saturday at the beach I think the main issue is using it in the water - it just doesn’t want to move! So thinner lower shaft or mod of coil design? What coils on other detectors do really well in the water?