Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Winter break in the Woods hunting with the AT Pro = semi-big silver

JimmyCT

It was close to 50 degrees yesterday and decided to return to a wooded spot I hunted in the past. On this hunt, I was sporting the AT Pro with the 5x8" coil. This whole area is woods and decided (since it was cool) to hunt much of the brush that covers the ground. In the brush covered areas I didn't find much but junk. I then started walking the remnants of a trail and right between two big roots (lying on top of the ground) I found the mercury dime. A mere 1" deep. I then decided to cut up through the hilly landscape and started hunting the other end of this wooded Peninsula. I hunted near the lake edge and found a few early wheat cents from the teens. Having covered the shoreline area, I decided to head back into the more heavily wooded areas. It was at this point a sweet, solid high tone rang out. (TID of 90) dug down into the damp soil, fished around with my pinpointer and found a beautiful Walking Liberty half dollar!! It is very rare that I find this denomination so this was very welcomed! I then headed through the woods to the other side of the peninsula and found the quarter and sterling ring. I then realized my time was up as the sun was setting and temperature was dropping quickly. I decided to "wrap it up" and call it a great day!

Attachments

• dirt walker 0.jpeg
    dirt walker 0.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 100
  • merc.jpeg
    merc.jpeg
    1,016.2 KB · Views: 96
  • quarter.jpeg
    quarter.jpeg
    910.5 KB · Views: 102
  • walker.jpeg
    walker.jpeg
    870.5 KB · Views: 101
  • woods.jpeg
    woods.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 103
Nice recovery on all that beautiful silver, that liberty walking half dollar is a bobby dazzler!
Sounds like you've just scratched the surface in that wooded area, your going to need some help getting the rest of the silver out of there, I'm on my way.

Nice recovery on all that beautiful silver, that liberty walking half dollar is a bobby dazzler!
Sounds like you've just scratched the surface in that wooded area, your going to need some help getting the rest of the silver out of there, I'm on my way.
Come on up!

It was close to 50 degrees yesterday and decided to return to a wooded spot I hunted in the past. On this hunt, I was sporting the AT Pro with the 5x8" coil. This whole area is woods and decided (since it was cool) to hunt much of the brush that covers the ground. In the brush covered areas I didn't find much but junk. I then started walking the remnants of a trail and right between two big roots (lying on top of the ground) I found the mercury dime. A mere 1" deep. I then decided to cut up through the hilly landscape and started hunting the other end of this wooded Peninsula. I hunted near the lake edge and found a few early wheat cents from the teens. Having covered the shoreline area, I decided to head back into the more heavily wooded areas. It was at this point a sweet, solid high tone rang out. (TID of 90) dug down into the damp soil, fished around with my pinpointer and found a beautiful Walking Liberty half dollar!! It is very rare that I find this denomination so this was very welcomed! I then headed through the woods to the other side of the peninsula and found the quarter and sterling ring. I then realized my time was up as the sun was setting and temperature was dropping quickly. I decided to "wrap it up" and call it a great day!
Talk about great finds you banged it!

Very nice hunt, Jimmy. Silver dime, quarter, half and ring is an outstanding day. I still think the tones of the A T Pro in Pro Zero is as good as tones get. HH jim tn
Thanks Jim! This is exactly the mode I was using.

Any day out. Especially in the woods is a great day.
Congratulations on the sweet silver.
You've reminded me of something I was wondering about.
Stealth Diggers spend most of their time deep in the woods.
Anyone know Why they dropped the ATPro and started using the Fishers ??

Thats a nice one Jim big old silver! I love hunting the woods!
Mark

Anyone know Why they dropped the ATPro and started using the Fishers ??
I don't know what Fisher model(s) they were/are using, but the F 75 platform is deeper then the A T Pro, more mode options, great in all metal and a more comfortable swing. The B P (boost) mode is particularly good for hunting in vegetation when ones coil is several inches above the ground. HH jim tn

Nice score Jimmy! it is -15 degrees here right now, so your walker is sight for sore eyes.
Dave
Thanks Dave! Burrrr 🥶🥶 too cold to hunt even if it was a field loaded with gold coins 😂😂😂