Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

wireless earbuds

jas415

I have read almost all the previous posts about wireless earbuds, and there seems to be several of them some folks use. I read there are two basic types, 'aptx' and 'aptx LL'. I just bought a pair of aptx not the 'LL'. The lag is about 6" with the small coil on a 2-3 second left to right single sweep. So, any of you have real experiences with the LL types and what is the actual lag?

Yes, I can hunt with these but it requires a bit of extra thinking, 'get a tone' and realize it is behind the coil somewhere. There is xero lag using earbuds and the wireless module. Doesn't help much to have a fast machine and the sound lags by a few inches. Also makes pinpointing a bit more challenging, have to go back and find the target by narrowing the sweep over and over, then get exactly over the target to pin point. Basically a real pain!

If you have some I would like specific brands, model numbers and approximate prices for models you have actually used and there is zero latency, or close to the wireless module as possible. My thought is without a module there is going to be some latency issues, no matter what.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

I use the Samsung Level U Pro (there are two versions of the Level U, the regular and the Level U Pro, only the Pro has the Qualcomm aPT-X LL chip). They don't advertise themselves as aPTX Low Latency, but they have the chip and connect to the Equinox at Low Latency. Zero noticeable lag, other review sites have tested them at 36ms. 10 hours battery life, and I paid $35. I actually wrote a detailed post about them here, didn't link to anyone so as to not violate any rules about sponsors, but it got deleted. There was a lot of that were saying that they couldn't be aPTX LL since they weren't advertised as such, but many companies use aPTX chips and don't advertise as such. In practical use, they have zero noticeable latency, and while I didn't think I'd like the horseshoe it does keep all the weight off of the ears.

I just checked and you can't get them new for $43, used like new for $28.

Thanks, as I read the specs on them they say 'aptx' and not 'aptxLL', and I understand there is a difference in the two specs. Low latency is 'aptx' technology and 'aptx LL' is a better, less lag, technology! Anyway that is what I read. Have you actually tried these on the 800? I bought a set of TRELAB J1 that were aptx, but not the LL.

jas415 said:
Thanks, as I read the specs on them they say 'aptx' and not 'aptxLL', and I understand there is a difference in the two specs. Low latency is 'aptx' technology and 'aptx LL' is a better, less lag, technology! Anyway that is what I read. Have you actually tried these on the 800? I bought a set of TRELAB J1 that were aptx, but not the LL.

Hahahaha, I almost feel like you didn't read what I wrote. Yes, I know the difference, and yes I have the headphone, so do a lot of others over at the other forum. Yes, they have the aptxLL chip, yes they connect to the Equinox at LL, it has the icon to show what level of latency you are connected at on the Equinox. There are two different Samsung Level U, one a Pro and one not. Only the Samsung Level U Pro has the LL chip.

You can read the tested latency at this review site, which is 36ms when connected at LL, which is zero noticeable lag. https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/samsung/level-u-pro

Here is a cut and paste from the review site:

Default Latency
: 189 ms
aptX Latency
: 177 ms
aptX(LL) Latency
: 36 ms
The Samsung Level U pro have a decent latency if you can get a Bluetooth transmitter that supports aptX or aptX(LL). Without the right dongle, they default to SBC which has about 189 ms of latency which is fairly average for Bluetooth headphones but not suitable for watching a lot of video content or gaming.

jas415 said:
So, any of you have real experiences with the LL types and what is the actual lag?

Yes, several...

And in every case you can't hear the lag. You can play music directly to a speaker, and simultaneously through LL wireless, and you're hard pressed to pick up the difference.
(Google YT for 'bluetooth audio delay demo' to hear the difference for yourself.)

Note that your 'earbud through the WM08 module' is technically/slightly faster than the aptX/LL standards...
But realistically, I don't hear any appreciable difference between it and the aptX/LL earbuds when detecting.

And if you hear "xero lag using earbuds and the wireless module", you'll probably be golden with aptX/LL.

Hope this helps,
mike

I use the Sennheiser CX 6.00 BT earbuds, but they run $99. The Samsung Level U Pro sounds like a pretty good deal at half that price. I do like the Sennheiser earbuds, though. I see that on Amazon, both get about the same consumer ratings.

I agree that APTX LL (Low Latency) is the way to go. With LL, I don't notice lag. With non-LL which I've tried, the lag is quite noticeable. Of course, with non-LL you can probably slow way down in the swing once you've located the target, to get its position.