Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wireless headphones being returned on warranty

maansman

Hi Everyone...

Just a heads up on these headphones that come with the 800.....they are not durable, in my opinion. I NEVER wore these yet, detector 1 week old, and I heard something fall to the floor.....it was a clip that attaches to the headphones. It couldn't be snapped back in, it just broke off when I extended the headphones.

Anyway, Minelab sent me a label to send them back for replacements....just thought to give everyone a heads up..something to look for. I only use my Grey Ghosts for over 20 years, I will never use these, just unbelievable.

Good hunting
- Mark

maansman said:
Hi Everyone...

Just a heads up on these headphones that come with the 800.....they are not durable, in my opinion. I NEVER wore these yet, detector 1 week old, and I heard something fall to the floor.....it was a clip that attaches to the headphones. It couldn't be snapped back in, it just broke off when I extended the headphones.

Anyway, Minelab sent me a label to send them back for replacements....just thought to give everyone a heads up..something to look for. I only use my Grey Ghosts for over 20 years, I will never use these, just unbelievable.

Good hunting
- Mark
Hey friend, I had a similar failure there but it was the inside plastic where the screws are visible. Fortunately a close exam showed it could be Gorilla glued back in place without effecting the the slide adjustment. It was just one half and above the seam where the 4 screws appear. Looking the headphones over when the 800 arrived they screamed "Point of FAILURE HERE!" The build is ok for your living room - no more. Every time I handle them in the field I feel like they don't belong outside in the conditions detectorists like myself hike, crawl and slog through. Try your grey ghosts with the WM08, my GG NDT's are killer - big volume and I run the cord up my back out of the way.

The same part broke off mine when I just “looked at them”. It just fell off. I taped it back together but I guess I should complain too. I just got a pair of Harold’s headphones (from Florida). I got them used off a member on the forum for $120. They sound great! Block out the rest of the world’s noise, which is good and bad for me since I hunt alone at night sometimes. Haven’t gone underwater with the new headphones yet. If anyone else has these headphones and goes underwater with them please chime in. Thanks

These are cheap as they can be casual Chinese headphones. What do you expect? They are not the worst, but Minelab logo don't make them superpuperdurablebest headphones on earth.

P.S. My CTX303 Koss headphones felt apart jus trying them on. :wiggle: Dealer changed to new ones no questions asked.

Unfortunately....... much like the Xcal, WE still have to replace the shaft and headphones...... but at least they arent hard wired. We also can replace the coils........ oh wait a min. those arent available. I pick on Ml alot, but it was a good idea to have a modern detect which included wireless and a travel shaft.

Dew

Max........ you need to modify them when hunting in the rain..... garbage bag with cut outs for your eyes and nose.:rofl: