Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wireless headphones for etrac?

lespaul

Maybe this has been addressed before.
Has anyone use wireless headphones on their Etrac?

...if i might inquire Jedi...as i am unfamiliar with them but getting rather annoyed at the darn cable to my head set!!
are they battery operated??
is it an easy adaptation to the Etrac?
no delays in the signal or morphing of the sounds?
does nearby cell activity screw it up in any discernible way??
thanks in advance for your thoughts...

sunraysux said:
...if i might inquire Jedi...as i am unfamiliar with them but getting rather annoyed at the darn cable to my head set!!
are they battery operated?? *** YES 30HRS BATTERY LIFE***
is it an easy adaptation to the Etrac? ***YES YOU CAN MOUNT IT IN MINUTES***
no delays in the signal or morphing of the sounds? ***ZERO...NO LAG AT ALL*** SOUNDS EXACTLY THE SAME***
does nearby cell activity screw it up in any discernible way?? ***NO THAT I HAVE NOTICED***
thanks in advance for your thoughts...

I use them on my Etrac, F75SE and my MXT All Pro...

Good luck!

I ordered the Z Lynk today. Should be here Saturday.
Thanks for the response!

There are multiple options for wireless operation.

The Garrett Z-Lynk and the Deteknix Module . . . . they allow you to plug in your set of headphones and go without he cord.

Deteknix also offers a set of wireless headphones that includes the transmitter that plugs into your detector and then there are no cords on the headphones - simply a pair that goes on your head. If you are not tied to a set of headphones, the Deteknix option is one that is really comfortable and costs about the same as the Garrett module system

Andy Sabisch

Andy Sabisch said:
There are multiple options for wireless operation.

The Garrett Z-Lynk and the Deteknix Module . . . . they allow you to plug in your set of headphones and go without he cord.

Deteknix also offers a set of wireless headphones that includes the transmitter that plugs into your detector and then there are no cords on the headphones - simply a pair that goes on your head. If you are not tied to a set of headphones, the Deteknix option is one that is really comfortable and costs about the same as the Garrett module system

Andy Sabisch

What is the battery life/duration on the Deteknix? My dongle set-up are good for a days hunt. Garret claims 30 hours on their Z-link

The Deteknix Z-Lynk equivalent provides about 25 hours on a charge and Li-ION batteries can be recharged on the way to your hunt site.

The standalone headsets from Deteknix provide about 15 hours on a charge - headphones last a tad longer than the dongle piece.

Andy Sabisch said:
The Deteknix Z-Lynk equivalent provides about 25 hours on a charge and Li-ION batteries can be recharged on the way to your hunt site.

The standalone headsets from Deteknix provide about 15 hours on a charge - headphones last a tad longer than the dongle piece.
I get less on mine.. the TX dingle might make 7 hrs. I get a little better on my Auvio