Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wish That A User Manual Specifically.....

5900_XL-1

.....for the 600 existed. I am always chasing a non working correction from the manual to only find that "this isn't available on the 600", AND that information seems to be left out entirely. Frustrated

There's a write-up on Minelabs site that specifically details the differences between the 600 & 800, maybe that'll help.

Cal_Cobra said:
There's a write-up on Minelabs site that specifically details the differences between the 600 & 800, maybe that'll help.

That's my point...there is obvious, acknowledged skewed information in the actual manual, for a new release of a product...which must be data mined by a new owner. Not very professional from an established manufacturer. Who wants to have to fumble out on a hunt for info on a simple adjustment, referencing more than one site other smartphone, or having to go through the pain to print a manual and edit it themselves. Not me. MInelab should be on top of that revision as I type.

I downloaded the PDF Manual

I am able to highlight the wording in different colors

Using one color for the 600 only functions - another color for the 800 only functions

Hoping this helps sort out the confusion

Always Curious said:
Minelab is a cheapskate when it comes to manuals--no printed manual at all.

I agree, and my only gripe with this detector.

I have an Idea for Minelab...........my 600 came with 8 or 10 different screen protectors with writing at the bottom in different languages i.e. Mongolian, Arabic, Chinese etc. Funny though not one in English, they had to send me one. Anyway, I don't think anyone needs the writing on the screen protector. I quickly learned the functions. Just include one screen protector (no writing) then with the money they saved put that towards a manual.

I feel your frustration, I just read in the manual how to do a manual noise cancel. So I go to try it and apparently is only works on the 800

Minelab gave us a huge spiral bound manual with the explorer but since then its gotten cheaper and less with each new machine

Im sure we can thank the bean counters for that as its a cost savings

The manual seems pretty clear to me. Any feature that is for the 800 only is marked with an *. Page 2 at the bottom states...

"An asterisk appears throughout the manual, indicating features only included with the EQUINOX 800 model."