Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

with regrets, I sold my CTX3030 after 11 months.

pulltabfelix

Best detector I have ever owned. But I could not get over the weight and necessity using a swing harness. It got to a point where detecting was not fun any more using a swing harness. I will be buying the XP Deus II, with the RC, 9" coil and WSA II XL headphones. Heard a lot of good things about this detector from people I trust on the forums. No, not any of the detector compare videos. I am so not ever watching those types of videos. Even though my time with the CTX was short, it will always in my mind be one of the best detectors ever made.

Best detector I have ever owned. But I could not get over the weight and necessity using a swing harness. It got to a point where detecting was not fun any more using a swing harness. I will be buying the XP Deus II, with the RC, 9" coil and WSA II XL headphones. Heard a lot of good things about this detector from people I trust on the forums. No, not any of the detector compare videos. I am so not ever watching those types of videos. Even though my time with the CTX was short, it will always in my mind be one of the best detectors ever made.
I just bought one from a guy in Georgia,USA he had it 11 months, I have had equinox 800 for a couple of years I think this is a upgrade

I just bought one from a guy in Georgia,USA he had it 11 months, I have had equinox 800 for a couple of years I think this is a upgrade
I did exactly same steps I have moved from equinox to ctx and it is great upgrade for me. I'm really love the machine, the stability and the deep clean targets. I went to the beach recently for hour detecting and had absolutely great experience with the ctx. Had about 30 targets including 14 coins one of them silver. Two junk copper ring and few nickel and copper bits. Usually with equinox had lots of foil and bottle tops on that beach so for me massive improvement.

Sorry to see you go. The harness was hard for me at first, too, but I am quite used to it now. If that is not your jam, then you were wise to move on to a lighter machine.

There is no advantage at all in upgrading from a nox to a ctx. Only the gps feature . No extra depth at all. The nox is better. Nox is low quality build though , thats sad.

I swing righty for awhile the lefty for awhile and take breaks every now and again. Never is the weight of the Ctx a problem, balance is very nice and I’m an oldish dude. 😄

I swing righty for awhile the lefty for awhile and take breaks every now and again. Never is the weight of the Ctx a problem, balance is very nice and I’m an oldish dude. 😄
Thats good if you enjoy swinging a heavy detector. Personally i find heavy detectors ok for an hours hunt , maybe 2 hours.

Sorry to see you go. Enjoyed reading your post. I used a garrett deepseeker ads II for years with a 14" coil and hip mount. Best detector I ever had till I got the ctx. I used a fisher 1266 , F75, Troy Shadow 5 ,a Sovereign GT. I think I missed the hip mount, never enjoyed the other machines. The CTX with the harness feels good to me. Good luck with your new machine.

Great choice, I too had to move to a lighter weight detector. I am making lots of great finds with the D2 !! The main thing is I am not sore after a 4-8 hour session of detecting!! I suggest you watch Skill School with Gary Blackwell for anything XP D2 related. A wealth of knowledge and will make learning the D2 quicker HH Tony

Great choice, I too had to move to a lighter weight detector. I am making lots of great finds with the D2 !! The main thing is I am not sore after a 4-8 hour session of detecting!! I suggest you watch Skill School with Gary Blackwell for anything XP D2 related. A wealth of knowledge and will make learning the D2 quicker HH Tony
I absolutely love the D2 as well. Lightweight and I know I’m finding things missed by others

I absolutely love the D2 as well. Lightweight and I know I’m finding things missed by others
I have watched a lot of his videos and find them very informative. Loving the D2. The combination of my Wireless WSA II, xl headphones and wireless MI-6 pinpointer and 9 inch coil fit my type of hunting and makes for easy recovery. No unhooking the harness, sliding the left ear of my headphones off to hear the pinpointer. I know sounds like small things, but they add up to a longer more effective and pleasurable hunt for me. Finding the XP2 menu system quite logical and easy to use. Really was a short learning curve for me. I like the standard programs and how they reset back when you turned off the detector. So on the next hunt out, you know you have the standard base settings and just need to make a few personal tweaks which usually for me are changes to audio response and reactivity. And yes, I have Rattleheads silver slayer program ready for my park hunts.