Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WM-10 and the Garrett Z-Link

jas415

Useless information probably.

I have two WM-10's (actually 3 but one is not working-battery) and Friday the unit I was using went dead. Battery charge exhausted. I got the backup unit and turned it on and it was also dead. So as I have an F75 as a backup detector and it has the Garrett Z-Link on it so I can use ear buds without a cable attaching me to the unit, I decided to try the Z-Link on the CTX. Very surprised to discover it is excellent on the CTX, maybe better than the WM-10. The Z-link is smaller, lighter, easier to adjust volume, etc., and about half the price.

As I said, probably just useless info, unless you have a bad WM-10, battery or whatever, and discover the cost to get it repaired or a new battery is more than the cost of a Z-Link.

No, not waterproof.

I keep mine, which is about a 2" square receiver device, in a very small plastic pouch with triple fold over zip lock type folds. Of course the small earbud wire is sticking out of the pouch, but it is secure against rain and splashes. The transmitter section is also about 2' by 2" and simply plugs into the 1/4 inch earphone jack receptacle using a 6" cord. Not at all waterproof, but again, a small plastic pouch would make it immune to splashes.

thats a very cool discovery, thanks for sharing! It opens up possibilities.

Outstanding, not useless at all. Would Like to mention the WM10 is also not waterproof. Have you notice any delay from the Z-Link?

To me it is zero delay, and a bit more clear tones, but my ears are not what a young mans ears hear.

Specifications provided by Garrett pertaining to speed: There is a "17 millisecond delay (6 times faster than Bluetooth)".