Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WM 10 battery replacement

Haven't replaced one, but researched it and...
Lipo 3.7V 1000mah under $10 on ebay

I remember someone talking about in the past and it seems that it needs a specific battery. IIRC the stock size for a 3.7v 1000mah is too "thick" to allow putting the case back together, but there is/are a longer and thinner battery available somewhere. But this is going off memory and its possible I'm confusing this with batteriess for the CTX lipo pack. Just thought Id put the caution out there, better to measure than buy twice.

I remember reading the same thing at this site as Jason writes about. Its there if you can just search it up.

This older thread may help some.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,2356638

Jason, the thread WAS a great help. There's a youtube video linked in tha thread that shows exactly how to swap the batteries out. BUT -- looks like there was no "easy" replacement battery solution directly offered in the thread, due to size/dimension specifics. Has anyone actually purchased a battery that works/fits in the WM-10, size-wise? If so, a link to the purchase site, or at least the brand/model, etc. for an ebay search, would be great -- if anyone has that info...

Steve

I think you will run into much the same issues you run into with the Deus batteries. You can open your WM10 and measure the battery and match the connector and voltage probably with just a little effort. However , if and when you find a supplier for that battery , it will most likely be a Chinese battery company that has no outlet for onesey twosey type sales and you will be confronted with ordering a minimum of 100 batteries to get one , if your lucky , and quite possibly 1000 of them. Ebay had a fellow selling replacement batteries for the Deus but that supply has been exhausted evidently until someone else bellies up to supply them. Until then you are most likely stuck with returning your WM10 to Minelab and paying the service fee.

I think it would be easier just to get a new wm10 by the time you run around getting the necessary parts sometimes it costs more trying to save money when there will be less problems in the long run

ouch!! I did not know LOL then I would take the batteries in to batteries plus and try to find one that would work

There are a few videos on youtube about replacing the battery. Have you watched any of them? You can also user higher mAn like a 1200 instead of the 1000mAh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2ozOfn2GwE

Most of the batteries available on Ebay list the dimensions.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-7V-1000mAh-Lithium-Polymer-LiPo-Rechargeable-Battery-USA-STOCK/172756197147?hash=item2839125f1b:g:syIAAOSwXYtY3GNu

Tried to find forum rules to make sure posting these type of links is ok, but couldn't find anything regarding youtube or ebay.

bklein --

looks like that one would fit; if my math is right, it's even thinner and narrower than the stock battery, per the dimensions posted by the original poster of the thread Jason linked...

coherent --

Yep, I watched the video; looks like the battery you posted in your second link might also fit -- again, if my math is right...

Steve

jerseyjim said:
Doesn't Minelab sell them?

nope, you have to buy the whole thing