Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WM08 and ML80 question?

mepot101

I am new to the Equinox, in fact have not used it yet. My question is this. According to the manual, the WM08 is faster(lower latency), than the ML80 headphones. So if you plug the headphones into the WM08, is the response time better, or quicker, or are the headphones fast enough as wireless. Or am I over-thinking it?

ML 80 is wireless strait form the control housing
WM08 is used if you have a favorite wired HP that can be plugged into the WMo8 to be wireless

Prob can not tell the speed / Legacy time difference

I like the wvm08 module because I can use earbuds when it is warm outside. I have used the ml 80 headphones and they work fine. Not a discernable difference in lag in my opinion but I don't find them as comfortable on a longer hunt.

I am new to the Equinox, in fact have not used it yet. My question is this. According to the manual, the WM08 is faster(lower latency), than the ML80 headphones. So if you plug the headphones into the WM08, is the response time better, or quicker, or are the headphones fast enough as wireless. Or am I over-thinking it?
The WM08 is faultless, I use it all the time, good battery life and no latency that I've ever experienced

I have noticed a slight difference in beach mode when running recovery speed lower than the default 6. like 4 or less. The WM-08 seems to not be bothered by slow recovery speed as much as the headphones. Biggest reason I use the WM-08 is to use better sounding and noise cancelling headphones. I found a 4 inch audio cable and velcroed the module onto the headphone headband as the hardwired audio cable was always in the way. Just my view.

Last edited:
I like the wvm08 module because I can use earbuds when it is warm outside. I have used the ml 80 headphones and they work fine. Not a discernable difference in lag in my opinion but I don't find them as comfortable on a longer hunt.
Curious what ear buds do you use. I would love to use my airbuds Pro.

Never thought about attaching the WM08 to the headphones, sounds like a great idea!.
Its not too heavy?
I thought it might be too heavy but honestly forget about it being there in less than a minute the First time and never now.

Curious what ear buds do you use. I would love to use my airbuds Pro.
I do not know the model. They are the older ones they had with early iPhone they had. Sound great. The best part is you are not tethered to the detector and makes recovery alot easier when you lay the machine done and go for a recovery. Especially if you are in the woods. You don't get tangled up.

I have tried to find a decent pair of low latency Bluetooth earbuds but to no avail. All of the new ones are a different Bluetooth version and none of them step back to the older version the equinox is running. Some will pair but it is hit or miss and they usually do not have the + and then there is horrible lag

Autopilot42----Check this older post out for earbud discussion or the search function using the magnifying icon in the upper right corner with a keyword......