Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WM09 for The Manticore, 700/900, and Xterra Pro.

markinswpa

WELL, How about that. Was reading over on DP that Minelab is going to release the WM09 module so you can use the headphones/earbuds of your choice. I guess enough people were complaining and despite what many may think Minelab was listening. Hopefully they won't be too pricey. Mark

WELL, How about that. Was reading over on DP that Minelab is going to release the WM09 module so you can use the headphones/earbuds of your choice. I guess enough people were complaining and despite what many may think Minelab was listening. Hopefully they won't be too pricey. Mark
Saw a video on it I would like one when water hunting not being tethered to my detector
mark

Not far away now.
Atleast the WM09 has an authentic mention on Minelabs own website:

Attachments

• WM09 Manual.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 69
Great Id love one when im water detecting so Im not tied to my machine!
Mark

Crazy Minelab didn't implement this into the design of the Manticore. A lot of people have their own preference when it comes to the type of headphones they prefer. Unfortunately it's not waterproof.
$229.00, I could almost buy a coil for that amount.
Or at least have it to where we could plug our own headphones into a 1/4 or 1/8" jack, with a IP68 waterproof screw instead of their own custom connector. 😡

Last edited:
Crazy Minelab didn't implement this into the design of the Manticore. A lot of people have their own preference when it comes to the type of headphones they prefer. Unfortunately it's not waterproof.
$229.00, I could almost buy a coil for that amount.
Or at least have it to where we could plug our own headphones into a 1/4 or 1/8" jack, with a IP68 waterproof screw instead of their own custom connector. 😡
Greed my friend. Greed. Back in 2018 when the Equinox came out the WMO8 came with the 800 and gave you that option. Goes to show the difference of whats driving the company now as opposed to back then. And anybody that thinks Minelab didn't shoot themselves in the foot releasing the 900 ahead of the Manticore should take a closer look. All the Equinox users were hoping for an upgraded and improved Equinox and when the 900 was announced it was like a dream come true. Every one of those 900 sales was a potential Manticore sale. When they realized the 900 was not what they had hoped for spending another 1600 all of a sudden may not be a wise investment. While maybe on a lesser scale do you remember what happen to Boeing when they put Board members in charge instead of letting the inhouse, experienced engineers and the like run the company. Well I fear that is what happening with Minelab and Codan will ruin the company eventually if they haven't already.. JMO. Mark

I hear that, it's ridiculous. Tired of being nickle and dimed by these people. At least XP makes headphones worth using, and they make it so the Puck can be used with different headphones.
I paid $250 for Minelab's Pro Sonic module so I could have a low latency speaker, or use a 1/4" Jack for any of my other headphones when using my GPX 5000.
I'm hoping it works with the Manticore. I can't justify buying another module just so I can use my preferred headphones with this detector.

Got a WM09 on it's way.
Given that it's a gift from someone and is my Christmas present I'll take it.
It cost AU$258.00 delivered to my door from Aussie East Cost to Aussie West cost.

I used the WM08 99% of the time with the Nox 800 with earbuds. When I bought a 900, I used the Quest WireFree pro transmitter/receiver. I've never been a fan of any Minelab wireless headphones sound quality. I plan on using the same setup on the Manticore I just bought. The Quest operates at 2.4 ghz, no lag and plenty of volume for my hearing. At $89 bucks, I'm sure it'll be less expensive than the WM09. Kinda of a crappy move by Minelab not to include it with a machine twice the cost of the 800.

Can I use the WM08 from my 800 with the Manticore?

No, unfortunately, that's what we're talking about. Minelab wants you to buy another module (WMO9), so you can use the headphones that you prefer.
Like what everyone says, for the price of the Manticore the module should have come with it.
Like said above, they used to give you the WM08 module when you purchased an Equinox 800 around 2018.

No, unfortunately, that's what we're talking about. Minelab wants you to buy another module (WMO9), so you can use the headphones that you prefer.
Like what everyone says, for the price of the Manticore the module should have come with it.
Like said above, they used to give you the WM08 module when you purchased an Equinox 800 around 2018.
And this coil wire they give you with the Manticore, for me it's useless. Better if they would have provided a short wire with their special connector on one end, and a 1/4" jack on the other.
That way I could just plug my headphones into it.
Actually, that's a good idea, and might become a future mod for me so I don't have another module laying around.

I used the WM08 99% of the time with the Nox 800 with earbuds. When I bought a 900, I used the Quest WireFree pro transmitter/receiver. I've never been a fan of any Minelab wireless headphones sound quality. I plan on using the same setup on the Manticore I just bought. The Quest operates at 2.4 ghz, no lag and plenty of volume for my hearing. At $89 bucks, I'm sure it'll be less expensive than the WM09. Kinda of a crappy move by Minelab not to include it with a machine twice the cost of the 800.
When I was invited in Sept/Oct 2022 by a local dealer to purchase the newley released Minleab Manticore, I fronted up expecting a WM and something other than the wireless headphones.
They suggested I go wired.
Was quickly ejected from the store because of my "aggressive" questioning and maybe I had a 'motor mouth blab", given I was the buyer as to why on why on earth there was no WM for the Manticore, like the CTX3030 and Equinox 800 that I had purchased from them came stock and part of the deal.
All they could muster was a shoulder shrug or two from both the store manager and shop assistants saying that not even Minelab would tell them.
At that point they requested I leave as I was not welcome even the though I had the cash in my pocket.
They had judged me wrong but what the heck. Stupidity at that point was the order of the day for ALL me included because I had not worn the kid gloves and steped on to many egg shells and was not properly informed about a WM not being available.

Eventually purchased a Manticore from another dealer in another state in March.
After receiving it, In frustration I contacted Minelab in Adelaide, Australia by phone in mid MArch this year and asked if they maybe had any plans for a WM for the Manticore and the words were "good Idea" but not for now and then the words "but maybe it'll be possible".

I think that others contacted Minelab and maybe "barked" like I had on the matter. I guess they new that it would become a money spinner if they waited long enough.

I looked at obatining the Quest, Z link and the MDLink. none of them appealed as the thing they ALL had in common and put me off was they all needed two modules to operate.
There's nothing I could find that would operate to send a signal with the immediate response like the WMs for CTX and Nox 800 to the inbuilt Manticore reciever.

Held back back from buying any of them but was silly enough to purchase a few bluetooth versions to try (they were a waste of good money in that they all had a lag time that I found unaccepatble) and revereted back to the Manticore supplied wireless headphones.

Even considered somehow using the headphone electronics to make a stand alone WM that I would plug my choice of earbuds into but realised that it wasn't too good an idea to gamble doin such.

Earbuds and wireless for me when detecting

Last edited:
Wow, that's quite a story. They obviously have some poor management in place. Seems Corporate greed dominates.
I've worked in the Aerospace industry for years, and it's the same story of: "Management vs. Engineers".
I do love the Manticore though, it's quite a detector.

Greed my friend. Greed. Back in 2018 when the Equinox came out the WMO8 came with the 800 and gave you that option. Goes to show the difference of whats driving the company now as opposed to back then. And anybody that thinks Minelab didn't shoot themselves in the foot releasing the 900 ahead of the Manticore should take a closer look. All the Equinox users were hoping for an upgraded and improved Equinox and when the 900 was announced it was like a dream come true. Every one of those 900 sales was a potential Manticore sale. When they realized the 900 was not what they had hoped for spending another 1600 all of a sudden may not be a wise investment. While maybe on a lesser scale do you remember what happen to Boeing when they put Board members in charge instead of letting the inhouse, experienced engineers and the like run the company. Well I fear that is what happening with Minelab and Codan will ruin the company eventually if they haven't already.. JMO. Mark
Yep thats exactly what I said about the way they released the Manticore and 900!
Mark

I too questioned the lack of module in October the year the Manticore was released. I was lucky enough to swing a demo unit that day at a Digstock event. Debbie {North America sales} was present and very cordial as I suggested a module was in order. There is no comparison from the Manticore headphones to the equinox headphones. JMO
HH Jeff

And the real kick in the nuts if you want wireless you still have to use a third party transmitter or go with the stock headphones. Granted you can put the WMO9 on your person (for $240 bucks ) but you still need to plug in, again more wires just as if you decide to use a transmitter for your favorite headphones or earbuds. All this because of their greed and using a closed signal for headphones.

I just plugged in a 1Mii ML300 5.3 Bluetooth tx/rx unit to my Manticore and used a locally purchased 5.3low latency set of earbuds and wow they sound great. Paired flawessly. Now just need to finish wiring the Manticore earphone plug to the cord and spare 3.5 earphone plug and zip tie the unit too the arm rest. Didn’t notice any delay or lag so think it will be much better than the ML105’s and cheaper than the WM-09.