Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WM10 Charge Time?

bklein

My charge times for the WM10 are getting extremely long. Right now it is continuing to blink and the voltage (checked with an inline USB gadget) 4.95V at 50mA.
50mA is nothing. Charge times for me after 6 hours or so use have been like 2-3 days. What are your charge times? I'm thinking I need to replace the battery.

Havent timed it but its measured in hours, not days. It takes a little bit longer than the CTX battery (say about 10%) if that helps. I agree that its time to change the battery when it takes days..

Since 2012, charging time for CTC battery has been between 3-4 hours depending on the state of the charge and about an hour longer for the WM10. I have noticed that the WM 10 will begin blinking again if left on the charger. This, however does not indicate a problem and was discussed by a forum member in depth several months ago! Sorry, I cannot remember who the member was.

Chuckciao, so the charge stops, LED goes solid, but goes back to flashing if the WM10 isn’t remove soon after?

Yes. Its topping off the charge in that scenario.

I have been through the exact same,if I leave it on there,it’ll go to blinking again but I’m not there to keep an eye on it so don’t know when it gets done and then charges again to keep it “up”. As long as it doesn’t croak after 3 hours out in the field or something crazy,I’d use it. I’ve recharged both the machine and WM10 a bazillion times over 3 years and they both run long and strong. I can’t say enough about the CTX,really.

IDXMonster said:
I have been through the exact same,if I leave it on there,it’ll go to blinking again but I’m not there to keep an eye on it so don’t know when it gets done and then charges again to keep it “up”. As long as it doesn’t croak after 3 hours out in the field or something crazy,I’d use it. I’ve recharged both the machine and WM10 a bazillion times over 3 years and they both run long and strong. I can’t say enough about the CTX,really.
Yeah I actually bought a replacement battery but beyond this charging thing the unit never died on me so I was thinking the battery is good. This confirms it.
I bought and used an EQ800 for most of this year but I just prefer the CTX so just put the EQ up for sale. I’ll wait for next great thing from Minelab. Very happy with the CTX until then.