Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Worn barber, mangled merc, wheat cent, and more

Larbear2

I went back to the sports field where i had found the buff nickel a few weeks back. Targets are very sparse throughout the field but in the area where i had found the nickel I found a worn 1902 barber dime, a mangled mercury dime (shot with a firearm is my guess), and a 1942 wheat penny. I was using the Legend, M3 freq., 24 sensitivity, park mode, G tab. After leaving the field, I went down the street to an elementary school and searched some grassy areas which resulted in several clad quarters and clad dimes and pennies. I was using the Fisher F70 while searching the elementary school because the battery was getting low on the Legend. Before leaving the school I gave the bark area under the playground equipment a quick sweep. I got a foil signal (22,23) on the F70, kicked aside some bark and recovered a ring that is marked 10kt. So 2 silver coins, some clad (2.72) and a gold ring. My best day in quite some time, GL&HH!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

That Barber dime alone makes a good day detecting in my world, the other items are a bonus.
Just three years from the turn of the century, that's getting back there.
In 1902 there wasn't any airplanes flying around, no highways, no cars, completely different world back then.

Thinking maybe the mercury dime was shot by Annie Oakley?