Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Would you send it again

brianfloyd

For you that have sent your 75 out for the update would you do it again or wait a little longer. Any positive vs negative stories you'd like to share. I'm trying to decide on sending mine back.
Brian

I sent mine in... one of the first...11/14....know I hear the 12/14's are better???......mine didn't seem that great to me when ,I got it back...so guess where it is now???

@Mascard1, What issues did you have with the 11/14/14 upgrade? I also have that upgrade and haven't been able to get out and put it to the test. Is it every machine? Did Fisher pay your shipping costs? Thanks.

Jeff

No. Im not happy with my machine after the upgrade. I made the mistake of sending mine out as soon as the upgrades were available, and my unit doesnt have the depth it once had. Ive seen reports of newer units not having problems but Im not sure if there are still a high number of bad units or if Fisher has it straightened out. I plan on sending my machine in again to get fixed if that's possible. Hoping to hear more reports about good upgrades or some kind of information from Fisher first though.

I have the 12-14 upgrade on my 75, on first startup the machine ran completely erratic, after two or three more startups it seemed to be totally screwed up. I made a video of how it was acting so I could send it to the Fisher technicians which was a good thing this way they can see it firsthand. The next morning I decided to go to a local site and try the machine out, forgot to mention adjusting sensitivity did nothing to clear the noise and chatter. At the site and turn the machine on and it did not do what it did on the video it was a little bit noisy but bearable and brought it brought the sensitivity down to 40 with no avail the chirping still air but it was usable. I tried all the mall modes that the upgrade had and ironically I found no depth loss, actually I was pretty surprised at the depth on the FA mode, two coins in one whole wheat Penny and a 43 Merc dime, the penny was about 8 inches the dime was underneath it close to nine,switched over metal mode, and she was running pretty stable can say I had a noisy experience went back over to boost same situation airborne and 99 quiet as a church mouse seems to be a problem in my FA mode. Contacted Juan at the Fisher upgrade section and emailed him the video, waited a day to hear back from him to no avail, so I called on the phone he got the video, him and a couple of technicians viewed the video and immediately sent me a return tag to have it repaired. I asked him if the upgrade section was to be repairing my machine he said no the video and my machine was going to engineers section so I think that's a good think as he said they wanted to try and see if it was somewhat the software. For those who have died 11-14 upgrade I had asked him if there was a definite depth loss problem and he said not anymore the earlier ones had a problem it was a software problem and they were recalling those machines to I guess reprogram, but don't quote me but I'm pretty sure that's what he told me. And this phone call was as of two days ago. I might suggest calling and asking for the F 75 upgrade person which is Juan and tell them about your problems and is see earlier upgrade. I hope this information helps somebody out.

That is an interesting story.
Mine was one of the first to be modified in November. 11 14 14
At home the unit acts crazy but out in the field it acts normal.
I notice the FA is the process that can be jumpy with EMI more than any other if I am next to a running car engine or I phone.
I have the MA MA pinpoint when operating in 2H or 2L.
Other than that life is good.

Juan contacted me directly on another forum. My brand new purchase, 11/14 unit, is currently there and I opted for a new replacement vs repair. they are verifying repair/replacements with a field test before sending back now.

DetectingMO glad you are getting a new machine.
I hate to sound cynical as I have been a defender of FT, but D amn they are JUST NOW checking a machine Before they send it out. Made in America ain't what it use to be.

Fisher paid my cost on shipping.....Just seemed to noisy?

Meals55 said:
@Mascard1, What issues did you have with the 11/14/14 upgrade? I also have that upgrade and haven't been able to get out and put it to the test. Is it every machine? Did Fisher pay your shipping costs? Thanks.

Jeff

togg77 said:
DetectingMO glad you are getting a new machine.
I hate to sound cynical as I have been a defender of FT, but D amn they are JUST NOW checking a machine Before they send it out. Made in America ain't what it use to be.

I think they always do on repairs and replacements.

Do you have underground cable or electricity near where you are testing it at home?