Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wow! My first Half Cent in great shape, and best Barber quarter ever!

ronfin

What a day. I wanted to get out early today and start hunting, but had some things I needed to do first. I didn't get out till 3:30 PM, so I decided to hit a new spot near a busy road that I kept putting off. For starters I don't like to hunt around people. I still feel a little "odd" metal detecting because of how some people perceive us, but I am getting better. I figured since the sun was setting there wouldn't be a lot of people walking along this area, and the cars go by too fast to really notice me. It's a noisy spot, plus, there are so many nails in the ground I only lasted 10 minutes the first time I even tried hunting here. The thing is, that on this spot was a house built in the 1700's, and an older gentleman had told me he once found Barbers here. Needless to say I was eager to get some time in on this section with the CTX. Never in my wildest dreams would I have dreamt that I'd find two great finds in less than an hour! Below are my digs on the day, minus the nails, and a video. Enjoy!

Can't wait to pound this spot again tomorrow!

1835hcdirty.jpg

1835hcfront.jpg

1835hcreverse.jpg

1916barberquarterfront.jpg

1916barberquarterrevers.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StQ_M59TxK8

Fantastic........... :clapping: After 30 years, a half cent is still on my want to find list. :ranting:

Good Job, man!! awesome find!

Nice digs! I used to feel the same way. After almost 2 years detecting I could care less. I'll go anywhere now!

Still looking for my first large cent here in SW MO where most of our history only dates to the CW area or latter.......

Great finds! Don't you love it when those trashy little spots that you've kept in your back pocket pay off?

Hunting these difficult spots really pays off. A lot of hunters in the past might've just skipped it because it was too trashy for either their patience, or machines to handle. These targets were only 6" deep. The dirt is really tough, and just trying to cut the plug is a difficult task. I'll just take my time and clean out as many bad targets as I can until I unmask more goodies. My plan to get out there early this morning has been placed on hold until this afternoon, or even tomorrow.

I remember just a few months ago when this machine was first talked about, how Digger was telling us how great it was.
Now just 8 months or so later, guys like you are finding items that you have never seen before. Way to go sticking with
the 3030 and actually taking the time to learn it.

Nice!

vanbibr said:
I remember just a few months ago when this machine was first talked about, how Digger was telling us how great it was.
Now just 8 months or so later, guys like you are finding items that you have never seen before. Way to go sticking with
the 3030 and actually taking the time to learn it.

Love the 3030. It's proven itself time and time again, and I've hunted some tough spots with the ETRAC and never ca e close to having as much success. I even knew the ETRAC a lot better than I know the CTX, so that itself is a testament to how good the machine is. The faster processor in these difficult spots really helps.