Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wow what a holiday

kiwi-jim

Monday, 28 April 2014

My second best find.....yippeeeeee

We spend the Easter break at Whitianga camping with the company of my Daughter and Grandson from Aussie,when I arrived I couldn't help but notice the main beach (Buffalo Beach) was severally rough and the waves had gouged out a hollow in the beach frontage.Well I think I had the camper all set up within the hour and promptly headed to the beach,I found my first gold ring and two silvers along with about 60 odd coins of all denominations.For the next 4 days I went back on the low tides,although most of the finds came from the mid tide area.The two other gold rings came on day 4,they were a big buzz,but not as big as my next find in an area that I found a couple of older coins 1903 threepence and a penny and halfpenny all from the turn of the century,I got a 12:36 signal,thinking it was just another sinker,when I dug down shining back at me was this gold coloured coin,straight away I new it was not a $1 or $2 coin,when I picked it up then I knew it was a goodie,and would you believe the date .......1846......wow .I think I spent the next 10 -15 minutes sitting on a rock and just admired this unreal coin.Turns out it is a half sovereign and the condition in the photos is the way it came out of the sand,I can only assume it has been in the sand for the best part of 150 years.Sure feel for the poor beggar that lost it.I found a total of about 180 coins altogether,with $70 or so in spendable coins. By the time we left to come home the beach was returning to its normal mode,all the sand being washed back up to the high tide mark,but it sure was a great time while it lasted.

Very nice !

Awesome gold coin Jim! Haven't heard from you in a long time, how are things? Thanks for the picture and congratulations on the gold coin and ring! Thanks for the pictures.

NebTrac

wow congrats nice finds. why is the guy who lost it a beggar lol. if he had a gold coin he prolly had money i would guess. either way i'm sure he was sad

YES SIR, that was one fantastic holiday. That is one beautiful gold coin and the rings are to shabby either. :beers: HH jim tn

Congrats that is way nice!!! You should call it Pirate Treasure, that's what I would call any gold coin found on a beach, Just for the Fun of the lure and Mystique! Im getting my eye patch out right now.

Thanks all for the replies,Howdy NebTrac,Im still here just that we have given up the life on the road for a bit,back on the treadmill again working hard out so we can next summer off and travel to those old towns in search of treasures......:clapping:

Incredible finds Jim! That coin is amazing. Around here, I probably would have ignored the 12-36 figuring it was just another new "zincoln" penny. I should probably re-evaluate my approach to those numbers.
Thanks for the story and pictures. Well done!