Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WSA II headphones

DigDog

Does anyone have the D2 wsaII wireless headphones?
What type of charger adapters do you use ( watts, amps etc )and is it normal for the light to constantly flash every few seconds even when off? The light on the coil constantly flashes as well is it normal to continuously flash when off and doesn’t it drain the battery down completely if not used for a while.
Surprised they didn’t incorporate a on/off button or switch. Seems everything has a consistent flashing led light even when(off)

Yes, the coils flash even when not in use (deep standby). Using the machine in the dark is pretty crazy because it flashes while in use also. No worry, hardly any power is being used by these standby lights. Did you get the D2 WS6 Master DD?

Originally, there was an issue with it so upgraded to the RC. I have the wsa II wireless though and those didn’t come with a charging adapter just the usb cable so wondering what kind of adapter is good for charging it.

Yes, the coils flash even when not in use (deep standby). Using the machine in the dark is pretty crazy because it flashes while in use also. No worry, hardly any power is being used by these standby lights. Did you get the D2 WS6 Master DD?
I guess it’s considered a D2 RC lite lol

I guess it’s considered a D2 RC lite lol
That is a combo I hadn’t thought of yet!😂 Well congrats on it, I hope you get along with it, I’ve had a BUNCH of fun with mine so far. It’s different in a few ways, it takes a bit of getting used to but is VERY high performance. We’re getting many machines these days that are REALLY good.

That is a combo I hadn’t thought of yet!😂 Well congrats on it, I hope you get along with it, I’ve had a BUNCH of fun with mine so far. It’s different in a few ways, it takes a bit of getting used to but is VERY high performance. We’re getting many machines these days that are REALLY good.
Thanks, thats for sure.
I guess there are about a dozen different combos with the deus lol.
Actually its pretty nice, like custom making your detector.
Im still trying to figure out what adapter im supposed to use to charge the wsa II wireless since it didn’t come with one just the cable but no adapter.
You happen to have an idea?

Thanks, thats for sure.
I guess there are about a dozen different combos with the deus lol.
Actually its pretty nice, like custom making your detector.
Im still trying to figure out what adapter im supposed to use to charge the wsa II wireless since it didn’t come with one just the cable but no adapter.
You happen to have an idea?
Do you happen to have an XP pinpointer? It’s the same cable as that, looks like this….

Attachments

• 70819D90-6740-40AC-88A7-624392AFB3DE.jpeg
    70819D90-6740-40AC-88A7-624392AFB3DE.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 46
Do you happen to have an XP pinpointer? It’s the same cable as that, looks like this….
No i use the carrot for now, I have the cable that came with it but no adapter. but i did happen to find it. Takes any adapter that is 5V and 1 amp minimum and use the cable supplied.
I guess its a new learning curve that will take a bit lol
Thanks for all your hep btw. I might be asking a few more questions before its all said and done lol

No i use the carrot for now, I have the cable that came with it but no adapter. but i did happen to find it. Takes any adapter that is 5V and 1 amp minimum and use the cable supplied.
I guess its a new learning curve that will take a bit lol
Thanks for all your hep btw. I might be asking a few more questions before its all said and done lol
No problem at all DD. I’m relatively new to this thing too so I think most of us are also learning as we go. I’m glad you got the RC in the long run, you won’t regret it! It makes learning it all that much more manageable.

wow glad i got the rc version what a difference in the functionality between the rc and wsa6. Not that it was bad but you just get so much more with the rc version, better controller from functionality to build not to mention the extras like the hip mount case, wire so you can submerge the coil, apparently you can’t submerge the coil at all with just the lite version. even the shaft is different. The wsa6 version has a new lite shaft that is all one piece all plastic, only a fraction lighter but the rc version has a rubberized grip. I guess it’s personal preference as some like the light version shaft. Jmo XP should have just kept the original
One thing I noticed is different where the rod attaches to the coil only one side has a rubber washer where every other detector has a rubber washer on both sides where the rod connects to the coil.
I just thought that was a bit odd but this detector rocks, now if i could just figure out how to use it lol.

Attachments

• 01826455-81E0-4F4D-ACA2-FE837ED749D5.jpeg
    01826455-81E0-4F4D-ACA2-FE837ED749D5.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 44
wow glad i got the rc version what a difference in the functionality between the rc and wsa6. Not that it was bad but you just get so much more with the rc version, better controller from functionality to build not to mention the extras like the hip mount case, wire so you can submerge the coil, apparently you can’t submerge the coil at all with just the lite version. even the shaft is different. The wsa6 version has a new lite shaft that is all one piece all plastic, only a fraction lighter but the rc version has a rubberized grip. I guess it’s personal preference as some like the light version shaft. Jmo XP should have just kept the original
One thing I noticed is different where the rod attaches to the coil only one side has a rubber washer where every other detector has a rubber washer on both sides where the rod connects to the coil.
I just thought that was a bit odd but this detector rocks, now if i could just figure out how to use it lol.
I know, right?🤣 The single sided rubber washer threw me at first too, but it’s one part of a long list of things about this machine that are different, it requires a pretty open mind. I like the rubberized grip a lot, very comfortable IMO. They just put out the WS6 Master to satisfy the market but the RC version is very superior IMO. Once you really get out and start buzzing around with it…THAT is where you’ll really see how STUPIDLY fast this thing is. It’s a machine we can grow into for a long time, I’m still under 150 hours with it and have had ENORMOUS success. It is just really REALLY fun to use, partly because of the weight, partly because of the speed and the rest is because it FINDS STUFF in really terrible places. I’d love to hear your thoughts when you’ve had some time with it…👍

I know, right?🤣 The single sided rubber washer threw me at first too, but it’s one part of a long list of things about this machine that are different, it requires a pretty open mind. I like the rubberized grip a lot, very comfortable IMO. They just put out the WS6 Master to satisfy the market but the RC version is very superior IMO. Once you really get out and start buzzing around with it…THAT is where you’ll really see how STUPIDLY fast this thing is. It’s a machine we can grow into for a long time, I’m still under 150 hours with it and have had ENORMOUS success. It is just really REALLY fun to use, partly because of the weight, partly because of the speed and the rest is because it FINDS STUFF in really terrible places. I’d love to hear your thoughts when you’ve had some time with it…👍
You have been spot on with everything, thanks for all your help. I will keep you posted.

The Mi-6 i believe can link up with
You have been spot on with everything, thanks for all your help. I will keep you posted.
i like mine I got the 9” coil to me it’s perfect for the woods I’m using it on my beaches also but boy it’s falsing a lot on iron !
I still prefer my minelab in the saltwater I do not like the antenna setup on the Deus very hokey and corrosion sets in ,
Mark

The Mi-6 i believe can link up with

i like mine I got the 9” coil to me it’s perfect for the woods I’m using it on my beaches also but boy it’s falsing a lot on iron !
I still prefer my minelab in the saltwater I do not like the antenna setup on the Deus very hokey and corrosion sets in ,
Mark
Mark I don’t plan on going in the water at this point, how is it on dry beaches and the mi6 is probably next on my list.
The nice thing about it you can here it through your headphones or detector speaker which is cool

Funny thing i never really looked into the dues before but you can look back and see I wrote how i can see the future of metal detectors being something like just a coil on a shaft with the electronics being inside the coil and everything is sent to your cell phone using an app which will replace a big control box on the shaft.
Well behold the future is here and xp came out with it lol only the rc is basically like your cell phone. Didn’t realize it until I really started looking into the deus and all the components.
XP actually took it even further with all the features. It’s futuristic for sure now lets see how good it actually works.

Mark I don’t plan on going in the water at this point, how is it on dry beaches and the mi6 is probably next on my list.
The nice thing about it you can here it through your headphones or detector speaker which is cool
Yes it works great through headphones also dry sand is not that bad to me the tones just are not as crisp as the minelabs when I go over a coin I pretty much know what it is with my 900 which I just sold have the manticore coming
Mark