Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X-terra 705 still a great machine in 2023

EOS

I have kept my X-terra 705 for years, and it is a machine that still deliver. I just ordered a Minelab concentric 9", 18,75 kHz coil. Can't wait to try that coil, very excited.
I use my X-terra 705 on archeological excavations, it's a part of my job. I have found out that X-terra 705 is great to pick up small items, like cut coins, arabic silver coins from the viking era, and gullgubbar that means "little old man of gold", tiny gold foil figures.

Last week I was out on a "dig" on a huge field to find medieval items. Found fragments of coins and other medieval metals, also an old weight, viking age or older.

I used my XP Deus first part of the day, and then after a lunch I started up the X-terra. It was then all the older stuff came up from the ground. I love the machine. Compared to the noisy Deus, the X-terra is so quiet, except when there is a target under the coil. So I decided to use the X-terra more, it has such a "attractive" sound :)

Attachments

• IMG_5966.JPG
    IMG_5966.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 66
  • _DSC9534.jpg
    _DSC9534.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 65
  • _MG_1465copy.jpg
    _MG_1465copy.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 70
I have kept my X-terra 705 for years, and it is a machine that still deliver. I just ordered a Minelab concentric 9", 18,75 kHz coil. Can't wait to try that coil, very excited.
I use my X-terra 705 on archeological excavations, it's a part of my job. I have found out that X-terra 705 is great to pick up small items, like cut coins, arabic silver coins from the viking era, and gullgubbar that means "little old man of gold", tiny gold foil figures.

Last week I was out on a "dig" on a huge field to find medieval items. Found fragments of coins and other medieval metals, also an old weight, viking age or older.

I used my XP Deus first part of the day, and then after a lunch I started up the X-terra. It was then all the older stuff came up from the ground. I love the machine. Compared to the noisy Deus, the X-terra is so quiet, except when there is a target under the coil. So I decided to use the X-terra more, it has such a "attractive" sound :)
That's awesome, Mike!
When all else fails, go back to what you know works. :thumbup:

I've seen a couple of people say they liked the 705 for relic hunting but not for gold nugget hunting. Shouldn't it work just as well for nugget hunting?

I've seen a couple of people say they liked the 705 for relic hunting but not for gold nugget hunting. Shouldn't it work just as well for nugget hunting?
Hi iv used one for gold plenty of times. The 18.75 khz coils are the go for it. I use mine now for relic hunting and coins but I can say it is a decent little gold machine. When it first came out I used it a lot on the Victorian Goldfields here in Australia. It was is great on specimens.
These were from just a yr or so ago.
IMG_20220713_161327_249~2.jpg

IMG_20220329_160825_048~2.jpg

IMG_20220322_170316_578~2.jpg

Good to know about the 705.
Someone local has a 505 for sale but it's not the 705.
Hi. The 705 is the best of the older Xterra range for sure. I also have a Garrett 24k these days which I use on the gold and am waiting on a wait list for a new AlgoForce E1500, 3 weeks to go for it thereabouts which is a newly released PI gold detector.
But I will never part with the 705 for coins and relics. Id still back it for specimen hunting though if I didn't have anything else. Thats where its gold strength lays in my experience, sings on them. Nugget hunting in highly mineralised ground not so much.