Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP and iron

It appears that the Deus will increase the TID numbers on the screen along with the frequency. So at a frequency of 12Khz, a US Quarter will read 93 or so. It does the same with iron. it increases it's sound and TID. So droping the Frequency to its lowest, 4Khz, irong will sound off normally, as a low tone.

The trick is to have these programs side by side. Maybe a normal search program and next to it a 4Khz program, maybe even bump up the reactivity to make it a good check target program.

Damn, the Deus is so versatile.

For those who don't know yet, you do not have to go to the programs menu to do that. If you press the + or - buttons while hunting, you will go up or down one program at a time. I hunt in G-Maxx and if I save Relic mode with 4 kHz all I have to do is hit the (+) once and I can check for iron in Relic mode and then hit (-) and I am back in G-Maxx. Slick :thumbup:

I live near the "Gothic Line" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothic_Line) and here is infested with iron but I have no problems. The volume of iron, discrimination, and the vid tones help to identify the iron without problems. Only deep and regular iron may sound good, but that kind of iron, it is interesting and worth digging

There is no free lunch.

The very valuable double eagle is below or close to an iron piece.

When its below it stays there unless you remove the iron.

When it is close it stays there if your detector says iron and you dont dig iron.

When its close and your detector says " possibly good " you might get lucky if you tend to dig some iron.

Iron is the key to success.......

Ray-Mo. said:
It has been my experience that some large cut nails and larger iron will read 97-98 in the 18Khz setting with a high tone but most coins quarter size and smaller will be at 93 or lower....

A lot of iron falses will read in the 97-98 range. This seems to happen in all four frequencies. Deep coins and small targets can also fall in that range. If the target is shallow and reads 97-98, it's probably iron or some type of junk. If it's deep and falls in that range it could go either way. If it's deep and there's no iron buzz associated with it- definitely dig it.