Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP Deus Not blowing my equinox away

lse450cc

I have a coin at around 10inchs. My equinox is giving me better ID. Deus 2 has a 10inch coil. And it’s struggling to hit it. Even in program # P6 deep HC . The 800 smacks it with a very good Signal. I’m wondering if my DS2 is bad. I have set the reactivity to one with no better results.

I have a coin at around 10inchs. My equinox is giving me better ID. Deus 2 has a 10inch coil. And it’s struggling to hit it. Even in program # P6 deep HC . The 800 smacks it with a very good Signal. I’m wondering if my DS2 is bad. I have set the reactivity to one with no better results.
I don’t think anything is wrong with your D2. Go in and turn the silencer off or zero and see what it does. I think your results will be different. Let us know if that fixes the issue you are seeing.

I don’t think anything is wrong with your D2. Go in and turn the silencer off or zero and see what it does. I think your results will be different. Let us know if that fixes the issue you are seeing.
Tried it this morning. Zero silencer. Put auto resp on seven. I put discrimination on zero. And I check to make sure that it was on zero when you move the recovery speed. It can change. I’m thinking maybe EMI. I did not have the nox with me it was in the house. Still not doing any better than Nox?

Tried it this morning. Zero silencer. Put auto resp on seven. I put discrimination on zero. And I check to make sure that it was on zero when you move the recovery speed. It can change. I’m thinking maybe EMI. I did not have the nox with me it was in the house. Still not doing any better than Nox?
And you auto scanned for best channel??

There isn't a 10" coil for the Deus 2---there are 9" & 11" coils available for it.----Was you using the 9" coil?----If you were---perhaps the 10" coin is just a little too deep for that coil to report on (in your ground).---Remember, the Equinox stock coil is a 11" coil.

There isn't a 10" coil for the Deus 2---there are 9" & 11" coils available for it.----Was you using the 9" coil?----If you were---perhaps the 10" coin is just a little too deep for that coil to report on (in your ground).---Remember, the Equinox stock coil is a 11" coil.
My mistake. It’s a 11 same as the equinox

Hi,
I buried a couple of clad dimes 10" deep and one was accidentally places 4 ft from a subterranean power line - Lots of EMI.
With the second version .06 I had a hard time getting the EMI dime to be a seen, but got it real clear in Beach mode on my D2. with the 11" coil.
Then when I did the update ver .071 all program modes come in clear on both 10" dimes with or without the EMI.
Maybe you have some other issue going on there?

Perhaps the Equinox is just a superior detector, even with the new technology and hype of the D2.
Hi,
I buried a couple of clad dimes 10" deep and one was accidentally places 4 ft from a subterranean power line - Lots of EMI.
With the second version .06 I had a hard time getting the EMI dime to be a seen, but got it real clear in Beach mode on my D2. with the 11" coil.
Then when I did the update ver .071 all program modes come in clear on both 10" dimes with or without the EMI.
Maybe you have some other issue going on there?
Yes I was thinking that. I have a friend that has a Deus 2 If I can get him to come over so I could compare .

Perhaps the Equinox is just a superior detector, even with the new technology and hype of the D2. :unsure:
Minelab had the multi frequency and best coin machines cornered since the 1990s with the first explorer,,it's just gotton better since then ..These other companies are ok but they're lacking 30 years behind minelabs technology...
Nothing wrong with the Original posters Deus 2,, it is what it is

The Fisher CZ 5 was the first multi-Freq. detector which was around 1993
The Minelab Explorer around the year 2000-2001

I wasn’t insinuating who invented simultaneous multi frequency, I was only stating Minelab perfected it. Other companies will get there someday,but for the time being Minelab holds the lead in this field of technology

LOL! I don't think anything pertaining to metal detecting has been "perfected". If Minelab has perfected the metal detector, how can they make it better in the future? Which one perfected it, Sovereigns, Explorers, Etrac, CTX, Equinox or Vanquish?

Do a search on silent EMI. It affects different detectors differently. One may attenuate a certain wavelength better than another but worse than the other with a different wavelength. Mr. Dankowski has had silent EMI cause a difference of 2 inches in depth from one day to the next with the same detector, an Equinox. He carries a dime to check depth before choosing which detector to use and it changes even in the same area. Just because one detector is deeper in one instance does not mean it will be deeper all the time.

LOL! I don't think anything pertaining to metal detecting has been "perfected". If Minelab has perfected the metal detector, how can they make it better in the future? Which one perfected it, Sovereigns, Explorers, Etrac, CTX, Equinox
Youve answered your own question,,the perfection evolved as you put them in order.. I couldn't have said it better

LOL! I don't think anything pertaining to metal detecting has been "perfected". If Minelab has perfected the metal detector, how can they make it better in the future? Which one perfected it, Sovereigns, Explorers, Etrac, CTX, Equinox or Vanquish?

Do a search on silent EMI. It affects different detectors differently. One may attenuate a certain wavelength better than another but worse than the other with a different wavelength. Mr. Dankowski has had silent EMI cause a difference of 2 inches in depth from one day to the next with the same detector, an Equinox. He carries a dime to check depth before choosing which detector to use and it changes even in the same area. Just because one detector is deeper in one instance does not mean it will be deeper all the time.
You are correct. EMI. Is what’s going on with the dues2. I go out every day and check this target. Some days. It hits it better than other days like today I couldn’t hardly get it to hit it at all. Even doing scans. Grab my Nox and it hits it . The Knox don’t seem to have as much problem with EMI.