Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Xterra Pro Beach Mode - is Minelab hiding its Dual Frequency?

Based on Videos watched of Minelabs Xterra Pro on beach and how well it does if it does not use Simultaneous Multi Frequency when in Beach Mode. I am think it is 5 KHz and 15Khz - but could be 5khz and 10khz. They obviously have technology and frequencies in machine and coils are capable. What do you think? Departing between the New Xterra Pro and Nokta Legend leaning towards Xterra.

Based on Videos watched of Minelabs Xterra Pro on beach and how well it does if it does not use Simultaneous Multi Frequency when in Beach Mode. I am think it is 5 KHz and 15Khz - but could be 5khz and 10khz. They obviously have technology and frequencies in machine and coils are capable. What do you think? Departing between the New Xterra Pro and Nokta Legend leaning towards Xterra.
According to Minelab, the Xterra Pro is using 8khz in both Beach Modes. You can't use 5, 10 or 15khz while in Beach Mode. If something else is going on in the background, they ain't sayin'...

I think its definetely more than just "using 8khz". The single frequencies available are 5,10 and 15. So why not just use 5 for beach mode, why add in 8?? The Manticore uses 5,10,15,20 and 40. Beachmode is Multi only. So if 8khz was so "magical" why not offer it as a single fx mode on their top of the line machine? I think the Xterra pro was designed as a Simplex killer, and having a fabulous beach mode they knew would do it, so me thinks theres more than "8khz" to that "magic".

For what it’s worth I sold my Legend last night on eBay, and I still have my xterra pro..Ive put a lot of time on both, and both are good. But the xterra is lighter, and feels better when swinging, Honestly, I think it’s a better machine all the way around.
Don’t let the price foo you, I think that’s where a lot of guys are wrong about this machine. It’s that good. I’m not hurting financially and can buy what I want, and have,, and these more expensive machines are just that, more expensive..I like the guys who brag how much better they’re $1500 machine is than the X Y machine,, and you never see a find posted from these guys..I’ll be here on the xterra forum for awhile,posting my finds cause this one isn’t going anywhere and truth is its my go to machine.. Buy the xterra pro and don’t look back or second guess it..

I think you guys are missing a big part of the picture here relative to Beach Mode. The Xterra series pioneered "all digital" detectors, which is the basis for my logic.
IT'S ALL IN THE PROGRAMMING. They wrote a special program for 8kHz that's very different than the other three frequencies as determined by their physicists' research. If I had to guess, I'd say they probably found a way to program sensitivity to conductive properties found in salt to a minimum. And it's worked so well that I expect to see it incorporated into other machines in the future.

The machine itself is a winner, especially for the price. I still like my 705 better for a lot of things, and I still fire up the Explorer SE for certain hunts, but the Pro has treated me well, and it's just so handy that I find myself gravitating to it more than I thought I would.

For what it’s worth I sold my Legend last night on eBay, and I still have my xterra pro..Ive put a lot of time on both, and both are good. But the xterra is lighter, and feels better when swinging, Honestly, I think it’s a better machine all the way around.
Don’t let the price foo you, I think that’s where a lot of guys are wrong about this machine. It’s that good. I’m not hurting financially and can buy what I want, and have,, and these more expensive machines are just that, more expensive..I like the guys who brag how much better they’re $1500 machine is than the X Y machine,, and you never see a find posted from these guys..I’ll be here on the xterra forum for awhile,posting my finds cause this one isn’t going anywhere and truth is its my go to machine.. Buy the xterra pro and don’t look back or second guess it..
I appreciate your insight- money is not everything I think machines from quality manufacturers is more important then cost when I started Whites, Garret, Minelab, Fisher, and Technetics were the go to companies and I don’t remember any bad machine from any of them. Someone told me a few things to Remember: Swinging a detector over targets is best way to find treasure, the hunter who knows his machine better almost always will do better on same ground then person who doesn’t no matter what detector they have, and last the difference between the best and worst detector any company makes is much much less then the price difference.

i would imagine that someone with an Oscope could decisively answer this question.
That would determine whether there is more than one frequency in play, and if there was a wave form manipulation. But, if it's just in the firmware, a scope probably couldn't provide the solution to the question.

Check this out... Look at the frequencies the Xterra Pro operates on. Pretty much proves to me its smf, because look at the go find, a single fx machine, very narrow frequency range. This is from safety pamplet packed in with a minelab metal detector.

Attachments

• 20230809_101319.jpg
    20230809_101319.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 243
so me thinks theres more than "8khz" to that "magic".

I like that 8k magic. 8k is what caught my attention. With the 800 I had remarkable success in the dirt with Beach 1 going over area's I had hunted in Field 2. I'm excited to try the Xterra. I have been using this approach with the 900 but so far results are inconclusive. I can say going over my yard in Beach 1 with the Xterra I hit a nice clean 88-90-91. About 4 in. deep on the depth meter. I was no where near my test garden, and I thought for sure I had cleared my yard of all repeatable signals over the years. Fired up the 900 in Beach 1 and only rang up as 15-16-17. Dug it, out comes an old baby spoon handle down about 3 in.. Clearly a plated piece of copper. How this was missed I don't know. I wished I had taken the time to check the signal on both machines in Park and Field modes but was focused on the Beach mode. Can't wait to take it to the old parks and see if 8k really does have magic.

Attachments

• 20230824_153159.jpg
    20230824_153159.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 66
I think its definetely more than just "using 8khz". The single frequencies available are 5,10 and 15. So why not just use 5 for beach mode, why add in 8?? The Manticore uses 5,10,15,20 and 40. Beachmode is Multi only. So if 8khz was so "magical" why not offer it as a single fx mode on their top of the line machine? I think the Xterra pro was designed as a Simplex killer, and having a fabulous beach mode they knew would do it, so me thinks theres more than "8khz" to that "magic".
I would think 15 khz would be used on beach.
That freq has a long history of liking gold.
12-15 khz had a very good run finding lots of great targets.

I would think 15 khz would be used on beach.
That freq has a long history of liking gold.
12-15 khz had a very good run finding lots of great targets.
Best beach machine I ever owned........the White's Beach hunter 300 id...........ran on 3 and 15 kHz.
Wish I still owned that machine but the GT is a close match and a more rounded general purpose detector.