Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Yellow Stuff

I tried the older Fisher Goldbug metal detector with zero results In finding gold. There is so much mineralization in this area with hot rocks and iron deposits that it makes detecting very difficult. I will be the first to admit that (1) I have virtually no experience in metal detecting, (2) and have title patience for it. That alone does not equal success. I guess the reasoning for such little patience is that I know I can find gold in the stream using just a pick, shovel, and pan and when several hours of metal detecting doesn’t “pan out,” then I simply give up. However, I truly believe that with experience and possibly a newer type metal detector, one could do very well in his quest for gold recovery.

There’s a new pulse induction detector that’s not available in the states, “yet”. I’ll be getting an update soon from a tester using one just south of Idaho. Seems to be as sensitive to smaller gold nuggets as the Garrett Axiom with more coil (after market coils) than the Axiom. PI detectors are much more stable in mineralized ground than VLF detectors like the Gold Bug. I will try to remember and drop you a note when I know more.

There’s a new pulse induction detector that’s not available in the states, “yet”. I’ll be getting an update soon from a tester using one just south of Idaho. Seems to be as sensitive to smaller gold nuggets as the Garrett Axiom with more coil (after market coils) than the Axiom. PI detectors are much more stable in mineralized ground than VLF detectors like the Gold Bug. I will try to remember and drop you a note when I know more.
That sounds like a possible winner. Again I confess that I am an inexperienced individual when it comes to metal detecting (more-so the different makes, models, coils and their uses). I have stated that high mineralization is a huge problem for this area but with such recent gold finds, the use of a metal detector is intriguing to me. My dilemma is that I am torn between the use of one that finds the smaller type gold nuggets or one that can possibly find the larger nuggets / larger cash of gold surplus that may lay deeper in the ground, let’s say 3-4 feet. Heck for all I know, there possibly isn’t a detector that can locate gold at that depth. And if there is, I am quite sure it would cost an arm and a leg to purchase. Judging by the pain staking piles of tailings (which I presume to have been done by hand due to its remote location), leads me to believe that larger nuggets where possibly retrieved and that the source was never found. I base this off of my own findings, data, and mining experience. Here is a small handful of nuggets that were found in the stream below the higher bank tailings. When time permits, I’ll follow up on some photos of these tailings.

Attachments

• BD4033D4-9212-42F0-9083-E0BF8A3D0933.jpeg
    BD4033D4-9212-42F0-9083-E0BF8A3D0933.jpeg
    753.3 KB · Views: 20
There is a limit to depth with even the best and most expensive detectors. Even the Minelab GPZ7000 is only good for a couple of feet or so on large nuggets. I personally can’t see spending 6k for a gold detector. ROI is going to take a while. The new detector should be around 2k. Detectors are best for putting you into a spot where gold is. For you, if you’re working an area where you are finding gold then best I guess you work it until finds drop off. Then maybe break out a detector to check new areas.

Thats a nice hand full of gold by the way.