Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

you guys getting the deeper coins

Jim upstate NY

are you running fast off, deep on? or what? Do me a favor next time you think you got a deep signal and switch to fast on deep off if not running there already.. I always used fast on my explorers cause I like the way the audio sounded... but if I have to switch to deep thats OK, but wonder if your running deep how it affects trashy areas?.. the only time I need deep is in parks and yards where it is also trashy.. the cellar holes are generally shallower or hidden by iron anyway..

I just never ran anything but fast.. I have gotten 14 inch large cents with explorers running this way.. not a lot, but I have gotten a few that deep and many coins in the 10-12 range.. nothing near that deep with the etrac, but nothing with the explorer that deep lately in the same spots I have been hunting either

n/t

n/t

I run like you Jim, Fast on and Deep off and I seem to be doing well. I'm also still in auto sensitivity and coin mode. Got a 1916 merc today that was pretty close to 8 inches and the tone came right out of the null. The tone wasn't very good but it was a high tone you couldn't miss. I opened up my Quickmask and could get 12/42 to come in. Once I got down to about 6 or 7 inches the reading came in at 12/45,46. I had to chip away about 1 or 2 more inches to get the merc out.

I finally hit a park where the highest my sensitivity would go was 13 and that was with the +3 range. Only managed 3 wheat's and dug nothing deeper than 5 or 6 inches. At the other park I was averaging between 19 and 22 with the +3 range added. I was getting down to 7 or 8 inches.

HH randy