Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

You wanted it and we did it - Concentric coil...

No , Deeptect Coils are match to Different Model and based Feq not interchangeable . Go to Official Deeptech Web Site You Check see what other Coils are made for your Smart Plus ect

Test of the new Vista X 8 Inch Concentric Coil Coming Soon
😃

Yesterday arrived in USA :)

Attachments

• Chuck 8.jpg
    Chuck 8.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 137
The first two movies about concentric coil for VistaX was published in the night in Facebook group for VistaX. I compilated the two movies in one to be possible for you better to see the difference in depth between 8" concentric coil and standard Octagon. Yes, the depth cant be the same, we all know this, but from what I was informed about further tests - I am satisfied. In the first part of movie the sound is not brilliant, but in the second part you will see the difference. Waiting for more movies. Let see now this movie:

I have only been a DD coil user and mainly a relic and beach hunter. With old age (83) creeping up on me and wanting to stay a little active I am transitioning to local park and ball field hunting. So, not knowing anything about concentric coils, which coils would be preferred for park/ball field hunting and why?

Thanks,
El

I am expecting a little better disc/tone separation between Al trash & mid conductors and less falsing on small iron.

On the way to Richard from Backwoodsmetaldetectors are VistaX and the newest Vista GOLD HOUND with some different coils in size. As well - 8" concentric coils with 5 and 6 pin connectors. Some different in size coils with 5 pin connectors for VistaX are also included. Contact with Richard f you purchased some - the next week they must be in your country.

Thankyou for the notice.

I received my new 8" Concentric from @Richard@BackwoodsDetectors yesterday. A brief run through in the test gardens show it to have very good performance. About as deep as the 8"XS, hitting 8" targets well & touching on my 10" Dime at not quite Max settings. Not quite as good in separation. It is very dry here so the Iron is quiet but I expect it to be better than the DDs as far as falsing. I also ordered the SuperSix and really like it too. Not quite as deep as the 8"XS but separates better & that is phenomenal. It will see a lot of use also.

Folks. I did own and Tested One New 8 Inch Concentric Coil on Vista-X Vs Standard Octagon Coil here in USA . IF your Hunt Trashy Modern Site looking Modern Coins and less EMI in Citys you need To get 8 Concentric Inch one for sure. In Depth Dept the Standard Octagon Will get about 2 Inch more depth. If you hunt Bad Ground the Octagon Is Coil to use, in Normal Soil the New Concentric Will work fine. The New 8 Inch Concentrics has Smaller" Super Hot Spot" on Coil which make pinpointing the best among Deeptect Coils. If Looking For Deep Coins, Relics {Over 12 inchs Deep} the Octagon Coil to use. In may 50 Years never Relic Hunting , I never been big fan of "Open" Hole in Concerted or any coils, the Whites Blue MAX OPEN DESIGN had many issues fausing and coil going bad poor build Quilty . All Deeptec Are Super Easy To Point in Two-Tone Mode or All Meal . due Super Fass Recovery Speed

Didn't know that the thinking was to let someone see the ground where a target was pinpointed :) As I remember White's also had design with the round hole in the center.
But our first goal was to get the coil well tuned. That's why I'm curious and will wait impatiently for the first tests in Virginia :)
Are you in the nasty red clay area ?
If so. What machines have worked for you there ?
Asking for a Friend...

My Review of the 8-inch Concentric Coil:

First of all thank you Deeptech for listening to your customers and producing an excellent coil! Before I begin discussing the concentric coil I want to discuss my experience with the DD coils. In general, I like the Vista-X it goes deeper in my soil than the Blisstool and has better separation, but there have been a few issues for the types of sites that I hunt. The main issue is the sensitivity of the X to bottle caps and bits of rusty cans, which are everywhere where I hunt. I have learned a few tricks to identify flat iron, such as listening for an iron tone at the end of the signal and what I call an “edge check”. An edge check is where I swing slowly across the target using short swings while slowly backing away from the signal to just catch the edge. For flat iron, the high tone goes to an iron tone as you approach the edge, while for a good signal, the high tone fades away to nothing. This works, but for a site littered with flat iron it just slows me down too much and I am forced to switch to my Equinox. The 8” concentric changed all of that! Just like on the Tesoros, using a concentric, bottle caps and flat iron can be discriminated out at lower disc level than for DD coils. By setting the X disc at 31 most of the flat iron either breaks up or goes to iron tone and I can still hit nickels and all but the smallest of gold rings. I tested the coil at a very trashy site which has been hunted for at least 10 years. I still hit on some flat iron, but the iron tone at the end was more often heard with the concentric compared to the DD coils and most of the can bits gave iron tones. I still had to do some edge tests, but far fewer than with the DD coils. In the end, the amount of iron in my pouch was no different than for the Equinox, mostly iron with a hole in the middle. This coil will open up a lot of sites for me and I think I will rarely take it off.

Good report on the new coil. I have not had the chance to use mine much yet. I would be careful on the Disc point as I expect it to be a fine line between the flat tin breaking up & getting a fairly solid high tone on a CORRODED Nickel as they hit lower than clean 5 Cent coins.

Good point JCR. There is also the risk of deeper nickels reading in the iron range, but for this site it is worth the risk to me.

Those must be mighty deep Nickels or you've got really bad dirt!

JCR,

What I am referring to is the way the X behaves when the disc is turned up. At disc = 25, a good signal on a nickel can be heard at a greater depth than at Disc = 32 or 33. Try an air test sometime.