Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1798 large penny was picked out of a field

jabbo

Was there three times with my other detector and found no old coins and so I was surprised to find the large penny today, date is barely visible. Found the Merc and the wheatie today in a different field. The field where the large penny was is big with tall weeds but only a small section is ever mowed.

:clapping: nice to be able make out the date on the LC. Fertilizer kills those.
Successful hunt for sure.
HH - Bruce

Bruce, I agree about fertilizer eating away the copper coins. If I can see a date then the hunt was satisfying, will try there again. The farm property goes back to the 1700's.

Booty, I have only the X-Terra now. Just sold a CoinStrike, good detector but not as good as the X-Terra, IMO. Lots of those 1700's pennies in NJ and Pa. and they are fun to find.

nice score on the 1798 LC!!

I am glad you were able to date it. Nice!

A big congrats on the Large Cent and other finds !