Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1915 World's Fair Exhibit Pin / Big Merchant tokens / Black Hills Silverleaf Ring & Others

floodplaindetector

Finds are from a handful of recent weekend hunts. All finds shown were pulled from researched public sites with my XP Deus II metal detector. Just about all finds were pulled from the Dakotas.
A few were also pulled from a Minnesota hunt.
The 1909 Barber dime and one of the silver quarters were 11+ inch-deep coins.
The World's Fair pin cleaned up well. It was pulled Sunday at an old school site.
The 2 large tokens with the 1914 patent date along with the smaller token were pulled Saturday. All of them display the merchant's name on the other side.
The town they came from only has a population of about 30 so they should have some value to them.
The black hills ring was a screamer of a signal, and I was happy to run into that. The stamp is difficult to make out. The other ring with the missing stone has a sterling stamp.
An unexpected find was that old 'REACH' Referee/Coaches Whistle (See group shot next to toy car). It has a walnut inside of it so it must be pretty old.
As always thanks for looking!
Dave

Coin Finds
1941, 1964 silver quarters
9 silver dimes back to 1905 (1 Canadian)
5 silver war nickels
3 Indian head pennies back to 1904
2 buffalo nickels (date worn off on both)
Other foreign coins are 1953 Mexican Cinco Centavos and 1941 Canadian penny
** Not pictured are 68 wheat pennies back to 1910 and a handful of 1939-50s Jefferson nickels

Other Finds
1915 San Francisco world's fair South Dakota exhibit pin
black hills silver leaf ring and an old sterling ring
Copper native American design bracelet
3 merchant tokens (5 cent, 50 cents, $1.00)
smoky the bear token (probably 1960s-70s)
1970s county kitchen token
1960s tootsie toy 'Model B' hotrod
Old ornate buckle
Jacks toy (found in same hole with 1929 wheat penny)
'Reach' nickel plated whistle. Could easily be 1930s or older
Pocket watch
Couple reins guides and part of a bull ring
Old sash buckle
Part of mangled Schwin bike tag (in group pic above pocket watch)
Part of old cycle license plate
Part of 1949 Metal calendar/ruler
Jack knife
Ford Model T valve stem cover
1915WorldsFairExhibitPin.jpg
SilverRings.jpg
SilverCoins.jpg
Tokens.jpg
GroupShot.jpg
IndiansNickelsAndForeignCoins.jpg
SaturdayFinds.jpg
SundayFinds.jpg
TootsieToy.jpg
OldBuckle.jpg

Great finds again Dave .

You are doing well again this year and just hope you save a little for others (GRIN).

Havent heard if we have a club anymore here as dont know if some are interested anymore as many have other thing to do I guess.
Havent heard from James at all this year and talking to his hunting partner he hasnt either and looking for someone to go with him as Tim was the guy that would go with him and did well as he knows of some great places to go here in the Dakotas and MN.

Anyway keep on detecting and doing what you are doing as it is nice to see some great finds in the areas people have gave up on as cleaned out.

Good luck

Rick

Great finds Dave I've been using my D2 also great machine!
Mark
Mark

Nice haul Dave, glad to see your getting out! Your probably right about those tokens having some value, likely the most valuable items displayed.
HH Jeff

Once again, most excellent.

thanks Rick!
Appreciate you taking a look. I hunted with Tim once a few years ago.
Haven't heard from James since our last hunt together about 2 years ago. Hope he is doing well.
My wife and I miss those detecting club Christmas parties you hosted.

Dave
Great finds again Dave .

You are doing well again this year and just hope you save a little for others (GRIN).

Havent heard if we have a club anymore here as dont know if some are interested anymore as many have other thing to do I guess.
Havent heard from James at all this year and talking to his hunting partner he hasnt either and looking for someone to go with him as Tim was the guy that would go with him and did well as he knows of some great places to go here in the Dakotas and MN.

Anyway keep on detecting and doing what you are doing as it is nice to see some great finds in the areas people have gave up on as cleaned out.

Good luck

Rick

thanks Jim. Yes, I have to do some deep diving on the research to find closer public spots that hold old targets, but it is fun when it pays off.
I haven't made it down to Iowa all Summer.
Dave
You are doing great keeping the Dakota's and parts of Mn cleaned of older coins and other goodies. You've had another banner year, Dave, WTG! HH jim tn

Nice as always Dave! You don't see many Ingle Systems tokens dug compared to the other dye makers. They have a collector following and most carry respectable value.