Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2016 season wrap up......

oneguy

First off a big THANKS to all you guys for posting pics & info....it inspires me! I've been offline for a few months and it's been COLD here in Montucky so I haven't done much of anything except feed the wood stove. Had a pretty good season (for me) and a couple notable finds. I dug a pretty nice 1897 Barber Half (only my second Barber half ever) and I also stumbled onto a 1937D "3 legged Buffalo" in good shape for a dug nickel. My silver coin count was the lowest since using the etrac but most likely due to my chasing nickels and traveling less to hunt (old & tired....lol). My Barber count was my best ever with 12 beating my previous best of 11 in a season. My totals are in my sig below. Had a good time, dug some nice coins and am happy with my new found love of digging nickels. My hatred of the zinc penny has cost me some IH's so I'll try and hone up my skills next year on the IH's.....????? I'll most likely spend less time next season with the detecting as I plan to hit the mountains with a friend on his claim and do some prospecting......

Nice totals and a beautiful assortment of old coins! Hoping to pull at least one Barber coin for tonight's hunt! :detecting:

That's a sharp 3-legged Buffalo as well! :clapping:

A great year oneguy!

D.V.

Thanks guys!!!!!!! I enjoy looking at everyones coins, sometimes when I don't feel like going out a good coin pic will help get me out the door........

Congrats on a great season of finds !

You had a good year.:thumbup:
Don't see no mercs in that silver pile not that a Barber pile is shabby. lol
Yeah, myself i'd rather be chasing silver than nickels but you got a nice nickel pile there too.

Good luck with the gold prospecting. Getting old now but thats something i've always wanted to do before i'm 6' under.

ironsight said:
You had a good year.:thumbup:
Don't see no mercs in that silver pile not that a Barber pile is shabby. lol
Yeah, myself i'd rather be chasing silver than nickels but you got a nice nickel pile there too.

Good luck with the gold prospecting. Getting old now but thats something i've always wanted to do before i'm 6' under.

Yes.....I managed a few mercs/rosies/washingtons ....totals are in my sig. Like you....always wanted to prospect but never really had anyone who was willing to take me out? Ran into a local here who has a claim close by and also fed his family for 8 years off his claim. Said he averages about 30 oz/yr. He was more than willing to take me out and "show me the ropes" next summer and seems real happy to pass on his skills? So I'll give it a shot even tho I'm not sure how this old tired guy will take to shoveling buckets of heavy dirt all day....lol? Looking forward to it tho..............

Wow, that Barber Half is a thing of beauty!! Congratulations on the great year... gives me something to shoot for!!