Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

205 silvers in this year

jas415

I did not start the year with any goals as to amounts, etc., but in late November I was at the 180 mark, I have kept a spreadsheet of 'finds' for the past 6 years, and decided to do my best to get over 200 for the year. Today, hunting with good friends, I managed to get 7 out of the same hole! Later about 20 feet away wI got the 1900, 90% silver, 5 Centavos. Between us we got 9 silver coins and 3 silver rings off the same lot. 5664 coins this year is a load for me. I turned 75 in September and am looking forward to that new Equinox to take a load off my sore back. The CTX has been a monster for me for the past 5 years, 822 silver coins with it and over 34,600 coins total, but I need a lighter machine.

WOW!!! That's a lot of getting down and getting back up!!! My back hurts! :beers:

Wow ... a huge congrats on digging 200 + Silvers in one season ! :clapping:

Congratulations on both your totals and our good friends! All in all having good hunting partners is worth plenty.

Jerry, I have to ask, what state do you live in? I’m in NJ but don’t travel Far from home base.

Jas415, that's good pile of silver that you have dug this year - and it's not over yet! I hope that you do even better in 2018! Best of luck and ...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thanks Guys! I am just north of Houston, Spring, Texas. Retired in 2002 from the FAA, controller, supervisor and manager for 35 years. I get out maybe 150 times a year and have right at 870 silver coins since mid 2012 when I got the CTX. I hunt 99% demolitions. I started keeping track of my finds on a spreadsheet and pics with the phone, and am a tad over 34,700 cons with over 11,000 wheat pennies. Here in Houston they tear down at least 10-15 a day, many from the early 1900's. I find them by using the City of Houston Paid Permits section to get the demolition permits, then research the age of the house by using the online property tax appraisal site and looking up the address and owners names from that.

Very Cool!

jas415 said:
Thanks Guys! I am just north of Houston, Spring, Texas. Retired in 2002 from the FAA, controller, supervisor and manager for 35 years. I get out maybe 150 times a year and have right at 870 silver coins since mid 2012 when I got the CTX. I hunt 99% demolitions. I started keeping track of my finds on a spreadsheet and pics with the phone, and am a tad over 34,700 cons with over 11,000 wheat pennies. Here in Houston they tear down at least 10-15 a day, many from the early 1900's. I find them by using the City of Houston Paid Permits section to get the demolition permits, then research the age of the house by using the online property tax appraisal site and looking up the address and owners names from that.

Congrats on the finds! Great job on the silver.

I need to edit one of the numbers in my comments about coins, instead of 11,000 wheats total since late 2012, it is 6632! I had one of the columns and numbers transposed on the Excel spreadsheet, added memorials instead of wheats on one year. My bad!!!

Anyway, I finished with 208, a rosie and a 1947 Mexican Uno Peso (50% silver).

Jas,first...that is some really good overall technique to find what type of site you’re looking for,and knowing how they can produce. It is a METHOD that an individual hunter has to come up with in order to put the targets in the site to begin with. You can be “Super Hunter” and not find squat because you just didn’t do the homework!
I’ve only known one other person that found more in one year,he had something like 231 or 251...but to hit 200 is some kind of feat! Being retired helps! If you do NOT have the Pro-Swing harness you are really short changing yourself,to be quite honest. The time must be spent with the initial setup,or “fitting” of the harness to get it exactly to your body. Once that is done,the machine FLOATS. I push mine around with just a light touch of the fingers. This is NOT one of those,”Hey,I spent good money on it so I have to tell someone how good it is but it’s really a POS” type thing...it is as good as I describe. If it wasn’t,I wouldn’t mention it.
You have found a way to maximize what the CTX does very well to begin with,and that’s the key to big counts! Congratulations on a banner year,not too many people are in your company. I think (just opinion based on what the CTX does) that the Equinox will be a great COMPLIMENT to the CTX,but it won’t replace it. It may be easier to find lower conductors with it and maybe sort out some coins in trash...but NOTHING will “replace” the CTX. It is that damn good.

Well done, that's a lot of silver.
They seem pretty modern so can you still spend them, are they legal tender?
We went decimal in about 1971, so anything after then we call spendables.

jas415 said:
I did not start the year with any goals as to amounts, etc., but in late November I was at the 180 mark, I have kept a spreadsheet of 'finds' for the past 6 years, and decided to do my best to get over 200 for the year. Today, hunting with good friends, I managed to get 7 out of the same hole! Later about 20 feet away wI got the 1900, 90% silver, 5 Centavos. Between us we got 9 silver coins and 3 silver rings off the same lot. 5664 coins this year is a load for me. I turned 75 in September and am looking forward to that new Equinox to take a load off my sore back. The CTX has been a monster for me for the past 5 years, 822 silver coins with it and over 34,600 coins total, but I need a lighter machine.