Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

23 hours on the CTX 3030 a few got in my way trying to hunt a wheaty ..... :usan:

jimpugh

Boy it's been hard to get out with my shovel .....but I met up with a friend after work to the most pounded iron site I Know. and yes its a good site if you know... that you know.

Only had a couple hours, but glad I made time ...... first good target was 1841 one reale liberty cap....

With the sun down and the skeeters trying to cary me away...I bore down and stayed focused... nice sound deep and somthing there 1-39.1-42, 1-44 the target was hanging off the screen on top well just gotta Know....

This is what i saw

photo3-1.jpg

1899 S Morgan Silver Dollar found on edge in bottom of hole 11-12 inches
photo2-1.jpg

Well I'm still stinging from the bites and did find my wheaty for the day...and a clad dime but this just one of the good spots that are alive again with the 3030 this place been pounded by my etrac and everything under the sun..
Glad I stepped out for a few and got my ears ON...
Heads
photo1-1.jpg

Tails
photo-1.jpg

Like to think my Buddy Shawn for taking the pictures with Iphone on location he has about 3 hours on his 3030.....hate to think how deadly we will be with 500 hours....
In thirty + years of detecting I have found 3 silver dollars in water ....this was the first on land.....We have a lot of killer sites on land and water loaded with gold and silver in the worst bottle pit iron you have seen 1699. The CTX 3030 makes a lot of detectors obsolete..... Period.. take it for what it's worth ....just my nine bits...

Happy Trails
jimpugh

Exellent finds Jim. Absolutley outstanding! I've manage a few Morgans over the years. But I dream of the day when I can pull out a Silver Reale. Nice hunt. And you are correct...... the more you use it the more deadly it becomes. And in your hands, it will be even more so! Thanks for sharing the pictures and your thoughts on the CTX 3030. HH Randy

that is Awesome!! I don't think the potential of this machine has been realized yet... thanks for sharing and getting my blood a pumping!

Very nice finds. I have been hunting over 40 yrs and have never found a silver dollar but I am still looking:biggrin:

Now those have bragging rights!! :thumbup:

Oh man, what a great night you had. Those are scotch and cigar finds.:clapping:

Very Nice Jim, it doesn't get much better than that. Unless of course there would have been 2 in the hole.:thumbup:

Congratulations

HH

BCOOP

WOW Jim, fantastic finds, that will be a night you will not soon forget.

Gave the Dollar and the torch a coin dip and water....coins are ready to slab....

[attachment 236056 Scan.jpg]

thanks again good hunting

Happy Trails
jimpugh