Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3RD EQUINOX BITES THE DUST...

I would make some calls and give them an ear full.

Minelab sent you a used unit for a replacement ??

I would be furious !

My replacement unit will not power on.... BTW the replacement unit was a used unit....come on minelab..

I watch your videos a lot and enjoy them. My Son and I have the XP Deus and have enjoyed Deus. He uses the 9" X-35 and I use a 9" LF. We were both going to purchase a Nox 800 but after reading your review and others about the water proof issue we have decided to wait another Year. I do not think Minelab will deal with this quickly, otherwise they would have fixed it. The shaft issue and handle ergonomic should also be addressed. being enough owner have targeted these issues also. I think Deus will have a multi frequency like the Nox with in a year. Hope so.

Thanks! I love the Equinox but I am very aggravated with the break downs and also the used replacement control head. I hope another company comes out with a detector that competes with the Equinox...

Cal, per your excellent videos, sorry to see the continued frustration with Nox leakage and now the control head issue. Wondering if the country of origin and its "quality control" may have played a role in defective units released?
Per the original box, my 800 was manufactured in Indonesia, so I'm a bit nervous about submerged ocean hunting and have kept the control head dry....so far.
Good Luck with a satisfactory result. Please keep us posted

Hate to see you go through this goat roping. What most need to be concerned about is even though they don't water hunt now if at some point they decide to give it a try.. or just hunt on a rainy day and if that is after the warranty period has expired, there will be no recourse, no repair as they cannot be repaired.
My point is it is a three year machine.. after that all bets are off.

Keep swinging Wayne!

You would have took my money Todd...
It was confirmed by minelab it was a so called refurbished unit....A unit someone sent back because it had problems.......The guy from down under said I would have a new one shipped Monday... can you say 35 days kinda day Todd??

Quick question here..... some of you guys are saying on third and fourth ones. How long do they last? I mean heavy use and burn out? Wear out at warranty? I have a 7 yr old Fisher F5 and guesstimating 500 hrs and no problems. Looking at upgrade to either F75 or Equinox 800.

It’s a water leak issue.

Quick question here..... some of you guys are saying on third and fourth ones. How long do they last? I mean heavy use and burn out? Wear out at warranty? I have a 7 yr old Fisher F5 and guesstimating 500 hrs and no problems. Looking at upgrade to either F75 or Equinox 800.

Ok, I’m not an underwater guy so moot point for that. Is it a light to medium rain issue then as well?

it’s when people go into the water and submerged the control head. I never heard of the unit being ruined by rain.

Ok, I’m not an underwater guy so moot point for that. Is it a light to medium rain issue then as well?

Thx