Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

6" coil for Nox getting any closer?

Well sure, every day is another day closer! :drinking:

My opinion that Minelab should. Concentrate their labor and energy fulfilling 800 supply demands before issuing any stinking accessories.

goodmore said:
My opinion that Minelab should. Concentrate their labor and energy fulfilling 800 supply demands before issuing any stinking accessories.

I doubt the two are related. The 600 and 800 are essentially the same detector (same circuit board and electronics; just different firmware and an additional button), and the 600 has been available in quantity from the beginning--it would be the easiest thing in the world to finish more units as the 800. Also, Minelab makes a lot of other machines and accessories; it would be easy to devote additional existing manufacturing resources to the Nox.

No, the continuing shortage of the 800 is part of the marketing plan. It can't go on forever and is, in fact, coming to an end, but has definitely helped to prolong the hype attending the roll-out of the Nox.

As for the delays with the 6" coil, one can only hope the extra time in development results in a better coil.

I just hope that, once Minelab trots out the 6” coil, there won’t be another long waiting list to get one.

I'm not holding my breath anymore, the missus is tired of calling 911 from me passing out :rofl:It's a painful wait for this coil and I preordered from my source. I keep a spare detector ready with a 5" or 6" coil for the times it's called for, all the while cursing ML for not having one available upon intial release...or as it stands now months afterward. Just terrible.

My thought is who needs it? The 11" seems to do target separation just fine. The 6"? Just too small. I E-mailed Coiltech and they are not planning an 8" which would be perfect for me. I can push that one in and among weeds. The 6" underwater is just too small for me to consider. I really hope Coiltech reconsiders.

My sentiments as well

goodmore said:

goodmore said:

We are really gonna miss you! lol :crazy:

I have the CTX and the Nox 800, and on a beach with the standard coil where targets are maybe 20 feet apart at best, the standard coil is great! I have all the CTX coils and only use the 17' on the beach, the middle coil on semi trashy areas and the 6" on the really trashy demolitions. The Nox needs a small coil to separate stuff better. It is a great machine, but EVERYTHING can be improved and the small coil will be a better tool for almost every land hunter in very high trash areas.