Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

6 or 15 inch coil, which one do you want? (if any at all)

FFX2

With the excellent target separation and ability to pull good targets out of trashy areas with the stock coil will there really be an advantage to having the 6 inch? I'm also not really seeing an advantage to owning a 15 inch unless you hunt a lot of fields which I don't. I guess in my situation I'll probably pass on both unless it's proven that a 6 inch coil on the 600 will make up for the lack of recovery speeds 7 and 8 that the 800 possesses.

Beach combers will want the 15" coil, I would think.

I would like the 6" coil for for trashy, iron-filled ground--not to make up for the lack of recovery speeds 7 and 8 (no need), but simply because there will be less under the coil and it should be easier to isolate the target. I'll wait for prices and reviews, though; the stock coil does do a reasonably good job, already.

I'm interested in both, but the 12x15 in particular.

In pounded/hunted areas, really old coins are a game of depth.

Any extra I can get will help...although what I'd really prefer is either the 12x15 SEF and/or the 13" Ultimate.
(Maybe the ML 12x15 is a really good SEF copy...)

mike

Always Curious said:
Beach combers will want the 15" coil, I would think.

I would like the 6" coil for for trashy, iron-filled ground--not to make up for the lack of recovery speeds 7 and 8 (no need), but simply because there will be less under the coil and it should be easier to isolate the target. I'll wait for prices and reviews, though; the stock coil does do a reasonably good job, already.

I agree with you, for the reasoning regarding the 6" coil.

Prices I have seen for the 6" seem to suggest $179...

Steve

6" as a beach hunter is just to small when you consider its only getting about 4" on deep targets..... UNLESS someone proves its more sensitive.... but then thats where im at now with this machine ... crossed fingers it pulls SOMETHING smaller than other multi machines in the water. Large coil...... maybe for dry sand or wet. But bring your swingy thingy..... shes going to be nose heavy. The machine is deep in the wet sand..... now with this coil be to sensitive to work with in the water..... id say yes. By time you turn it down i dont think there will be much difference depth wise in the water so im betting ...IF you can move it out there.... its only worth will be recent drops by covering more water faster.

I'm more interested in the 15" but that will depend on if it's any count or not. There are a few manufacturers whose 15 inch coils do nothing but add weight to the detector. However, if it proves to be deeper than the stock coil, say like having a NEL Tornado or Ultimate coil on the FBS machines vs the stock 11, then it will be worth having for sure.

Right now I am more interested in the waterproof headphones for it than I am for any of the accessory coils. Water season for me starts soon. The lake waters are warming up and Memorial Day weekend is always the kickoff to water goers around here....that's rapidly approaching.

In my neck of the woods , I would want the 6” coil as I hunt a lot of trash laden places . The stock coil is good for the beach and open areas. I would not purchase the bigger coil . My thoughts for my style of hunting.

Not to be a party pooper, but I want to hear how it handles the accessory coils. The stock seems a pretty good compromise. Do I really want to dig deeper for can slaw? I am already getting microfoil that sounds like a hubcap. As good as it handles EMI a small coil might eliminate it in even the worst cases and thinking about the beach coverage of a 15 inch coil that is impossible to swing too fast is intriguing. But considering the price of CTX coils, I think I'll wait just a bit and see how things shape up.

I’m on the list for a 6” coil. At 179.00 shipped, I have no problem with the price. I will use the small coil on the beach and in the water.
The older I get the smaller my coils become. Lol!

The thing is nose heavy enough with the stock coil so I'll stick with the 6".

Pastor Tom...... from what im seeing the wet sand is exactly where you want that coil that will get you some more depth on that small gold. BUT.... we will have to see if the machine with the big coil is way to sensitive to the salt water. If we have to turn it down ..... they you arent getting anything but coverage, and i guess for some thats fine. The Nox really shines in the wet sand.

Steve buddy...... what im saying is the 6" coil will loose an inch on each end of the coil on a deep targets. PP sometimes on a deep target... you should notice its back about an 1" off the tip for a good read.

Both
I hunt sea, sand and turf

I want to see how the bigger coil handles the EMI and salt water. Right now the current coil seems to be a good compromise though I still have a bit of EMI issue whenever someone passes me on the beach with a mobile phone when I have sensitivity up. Not that bad but I can still tell if someone is approaching with one. Unfortunately, everyone has them and that compounded with alarm systems, drones, surf lifesaving comms equipment, etc, the beach can be a very noisy place. I noticed utter quiet on a remote beach with the EQ800 and it was heaven to crank up the sensitivity without a peep of EMI.

I have used both the WOT 15" coil on my Explorer and a Headhunter PI and I have witnessed the same thing so it isn't something new with the EQ. Bigger coils and more sensitive circuitry just seem to attract more EMI.

I need both coils and have a feeling there’ll be an elliptical because of the gold mode and a lot of nugget hunters like elliptical coils. 6” for hunting in iron/brush 15” for beach. I sure hope they get these accessories out soon.

John

Defiantly small coil. As soon as they are out I will be getting one! Of course I need my machine to come in first :clsoedeyes:

HH
Sillllvar

Yesterday ..... i had a guy coming toward me with an Xcal ..... MAN this thing could pick it up 20 or 30 yards away. What will a large coil do with that....... and will it be able to be tamed enough to be use in the salt water? IF they find a way for it to run in say a park with a lot of under ground wires........ or with the sensitivity capable of being used in the salt water..... whats the trade off? Something like beach 1 vs beach 2...... reduced sensitivity?

dewcon4414 said:
Yesterday ..... i had a guy coming toward me with an Xcal ..... MAN this thing could pick it up 20 or 30 yards away. What will a large coil do with that....... and will it be able to be tamed enough to be use in the salt water? IF they find a way for it to run in say a park with a lot of under ground wires........ or with the sensitivity capable of being used in the salt water..... whats the trade off? Something like beach 1 vs beach 2...... reduced sensitivity?

I've been wondering the same thing + I'm pretty sure it has been proven that most large coils don't add any more detection depth than you get with stock coils.