Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

600 sounds are so soft, what to do?

Digger 45

Is there anything that i can do to make the sounds of a target more sharp sounding on my Nox 600? I have the volume all the way up, all in factory set up and using Beach 1 & 2. Even the higher signals are clear but not strong, a quarter will ring up good if close to the surface, but down 6" it is a dull high tone.

This maybe just the way it is set up but if not some help here would be appreciated.

Thanks for all the help.

I haven't had any problems with "softness". Deep targets are a little softer but I never have any problem hearing them. Are you using BT or WM-8, or direct connect phones?

With a 600 I assume you only have wired headphones so can you try another pair?
You might also try a factory reset Digger 45.
Is there another equinox in your area to make comparisons, the audio should be loud and clear with some modulation on deeper targets.
Laplander

Digger,

The supplied headphones aren't huge VOL drivers! But, they aren't that bad either compared to a few other sets I tried.
I didn't use the supplied set and used a 'Sennheisser 238' set that was around 20% louder (and sharper) than the supplied set.
On your SETTINGS, Volume is 3 button pushes in from the LHS - the first one up is Noise Cancel, second Ground Balance and third, Volume. (push to 25) and fourth is the Threshold.
Admittedly, all these could have been clearer. I'm not sure I agree with the use of a same look icon for 3 separate adjustments. The same goes for use of the same icon for Recovery Speed & Iron Bias.
Icons were used instead of words as then there would have been too many issues with translations...

Des D

Yes i'm using the supplied headphones and adjusted to full(25) volume, i don't know of anyone close by to compare, working on an adaptor so i can use my Gray Ghost headphones to see if there is a difference.

Thanks for the help.

Good stuff Digger! I figured you knew what you are doing Lol...

One of the MAIN reasons I did NOT use the supplied phones was: when I was examining them they made such a 'CRACK' sound when they opened unexpectedly!
I don't want to be dealing with a broken phone in the field. Can understand why a few have reported breakages. They look high-brow but not!

The Nox is a lot like the CTX....... it likes speakers better than Piezos. If you arent in the water....... a cheap pair of wireless phones might be a better suit.

Mine is so loud I don't even wearing headphones half the time. No reason too on a calm day. I didn't with my CTX much either unless there was swell coming in.

My 600 is plenty loud, I use some very cheap lightweight headphones from an old Walkman they are plugged into a WM08 that my son gave me from his 800. I did not like the supplied headphones, too big and ear pads are too firm for my liking.

I had the same low tones on my 800 when i used the stock phones . So i now and will always use Gray Ghosts plugged into the WM08 . Much better . All Minelab headphones are poor quality , it was the same with the Koss . Low toned .
Minelabs should have a warning on them saying use good quality high toned headphones .

If its deep and coin sized I know what ya mean about soft tones it doesn't bother me much on the 800 with stock phones but it is soft.

LOL,

Yanni or Laurel?

:crylol:

Digger 45 --

That just doesn't sound right to me. I really think you somehow need to try someone else's, to compare. I would not describe my machine's sounds to be "soft." On a really deep target, they are soft (like 8" or more), but not otherwise...

Steve

I use my Pro Gold headphones with the WM08. The BT headphones that came with my 800 are WAY to muffled/muted. Way to soft of a sound. I can't stand using them. They're worthless to me in the BT mode. I'm really looking forward to some good quality ear buds that have a really nice clear, crisp sound to them.

It's probably the phones. Also, the modulation starts to kick in around five inches so tones will be softer.
My 800 is so loud with the stock wireless phones that I keep the volume on 20.

Dean

Digger 45 said:
Yes i'm using the supplied headphones and adjusted to full(25) volume, i don't know of anyone close by to compare, working on an adaptor so i can use my Gray Ghost headphones to see if there is a difference.

Thanks for the help.
Just a thought, where is you sensitivity set ? Sensitivity is a global setting and if lower can cause targets tones to sound softer. I have noticed this once or twice after lowering it for some indoor testing then forgetting to raise it when back in the field. Good luck Mark

I am very hard of hearing and the stock wireless that came with my 800 I thought wouldn't be loud enough and when I first tried them they were not, but once I turned up the volume on the headphones them self I was surprised how well I can hear on them. I had a cord I used on my CTX 3030 and with a adapter was able to use my wired set of Uni Probe headphones and my Bushmaster headphones on my 800 as that is what I had been using on my other detectors to hear as they are the loudest, but these were no louder than the wireless Blue tooth that come with the 800. One of the things I see is I have to turn up the volume each time I turn the phones on as they go back to factory settings once turned off.
I bought a second pair of wireless called Ausom to use on my 800 that was recommended to me and they too seem to work just as good, but more comfortable.
What I have run into is on some of the signals on both headphones the pinpoint is real weak sounding and even at times with my hearing I don't hear them much at all and have to pinpoint in the reg dist mode, think it has something to do with the depth of the signal.
Because of health issues I only been out a few times and much to learn yet and what I have been seeing has been good with the Equinox and feel it maybe the best selling detector made from the looks of it.

Rick

I also have a 600 that I would say the hits are soft. I have tried wired ear buds, and blue tooth phones. Volume set at 25 with wireless, 19 with wired, sensitivity 20 and higher. My hunting buddy has a 600 I'm going to swap with him to find out if there is a difference.