Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A couple first's today!!!

pilot

Finally got around to detecting a street tear out in town today. Street, curbs and driveways in an older residential neighborhood are all tore out right now. Started at the end on one side detecting vertically and horizontally where the curb had been. I bet I didn't take 6 swings and got a good high tone. Dug into the side a bit and out fell a small silver...I was thinking a Mercury dime but to my amazement it was a seated dime...1891 Made my day right there! After digging a 1939 and 1925 Wheat I was halfway down the one side and got another high tone...11-47 then solid 11-48 about six or seven inches down. The ground was literally like concrete and almost gave up at one point because this was going to take some time. I was careful and finally exposed the edge and new it was something really good and was even more careful not to damage it. Finally got it out and had to sit down...Barber Half...woohoo! A lady came out from the house in front and in chatting with her she said the neighbors house and her's were the oldest in that part of town. Asked if I could detect her yard and she said she didn't care but to come back and ask her husband after we got some rain...yes! Yup, and it is supposed to rain for a couple days s I will definitely be going back soon! On a side note the scratch on the Barber Half must have happened some time in the past. I didn't notice it until I cleaned it up with water when I got home. Thanks for looking and good luck!

Kim

Congrats on the killer finds ! :beers:

Congratulations on some very nice finds Kim! Thanks for the story and the great pictures.

NebTrac

Nice job in grabbing some old silver from the depths!

Nice finds and good response on your part to uncover some history that may have never been found. Thanks for posting. HH :clapping::minelab:

Very very nice!! I can't wait to dig my first barber half!!! I bet you couldn't wait to get home and clean it up and just stare at it!!!! And a seated too?!! That is just super!!

Great job.Glad to see you took advantage of the chance to hunt that area.When a situation comes up like that you have to be ready to jump on it More than once I hesitated to act and missed out on some great hunting.It's always exciying to see big silver in the hole.Just found a 1898 Barber half myself.Makes you smile from ear to ear.Looks like your Barber is in great shape,Still looking for my first seated coin.I'm hunting an old house from around 1900 right now .Maybe my first seated is waiting for me.Keep up the good work. HH

Went back to the street tear out after work today for 2 hours and came away with a 1912, 1919, 1925, 1934 wheaties, a 1963 Rosie practically laying right on top of the dirt. Looked down when I got a high tone and there it was peeking out...literally had only took a couple steps starting out. Found the wheats all in about a five foot stretch then nothing for a while. Came to a newly planted power pole and almost walked around but swung next to anyway...got a high tone...looked down and saw a glint of silver in the fading light and to my amazement I picked up a 1916 Barber dime, only my second one but what a way to end the hunt. The street crews are going to town so decided to take this Friday off and hit it hard before it all gets covered up again! Will post pic's later!

HH
Kim