Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Few Equinox 600 Thoughts :minelab:

Richard@BackwoodsDetectors

Findmall Sponsor
[size=large]I have had limited exposure to the E600 but for the money and ability, this machine will make a dent in the market. Sure it doesn't have some of the features of the 800 but think about this. It will run 5 - 10 - 15 khz individually and then all 5 freq. in the multi-freq mode. The average user is going to use multi-freq. most of the time anyway. The advanced settings menu isn't there but a lot of people like simplicity. Too, how many of us will use the 8 custom profiles ? Some will yes but The 2 that the 600 has is good for most people. Then there is a $250 price difference, to a lot of people, that will buy groceries and gas for a couple of weeks. Just my thoughts. I don't work for Minelab and there isn't a shipment of 30-40 Equinox 600s sitting in my shop that I need to move. I just think that this detector will be more than capable for a number of people and Minelab will have another winner.. HH Richard Backwoods[/size]

I agree with you 100 % Richard. If my dealer called and told me your 800 is 6 weeks but you can have a 600 now, I'd think hard about it

I found a 600 in stock I almost bought for the reasons you posted.
I then looked hard in the manual and seen you don't get all the recovery speeds. But the way they spaced out the speeds on the 600 looks like it wouldn't matter that much anyways.

https://youtu.be/Sq8KV79OtIU

The 600 is no slouch. I hit 3 silver coins and possibly a low karat gold ring on a trashy saltwater bay beach my first time out with it. The $ I saved will go towards the 15" and possibly the 6". Already have aptx LL headphones and aptx earbuds from Amazon, they both work very good. I originally thought the ring was brass but it slowly dissolves in 10k acid and didn't turn green. Still learning the machine...had mixed results on a sanded in beach compared to the CTX. The Equinox 600 is really fast and great in iron and trash.

Richard, I am pretty much at a loss about what each frequency is 'best' at detecting! Today I would get a good tone and target in the 24-28 range and before I cut a plug I would use each frequency on the target. Most of the time the numbers were pretty much the same, some variation in tones, a tiny bit, and almost no difference on the whole, so which is better to look for nickels, silver? I guess I am sort of saying the same thing you say, what good is all the different frequencies?

Tks

600 come with wireless headphones ? If so...... then the 600 wold be a good deal

Rob in (Ca) said:
600 come with wireless headphones ? If so...... then the 600 wold be a good deal

Except if you are a salt water beach hunter. You may lose some fine gold in choosing the 600. Take a look at the chart on page 30 of the on line manual.

El

Richard@BackwoodsDetectors said:
I have had limited exposure to the E600 but for the money and ability, this machine will make a dent in the market. Sure it doesn't have some of the features of the 800 but think about this. It will run 5 - 10 - 15 khz individually and then all 5 freq. in the multi-freq mode. The average user is going to use multi-freq. most of the time anyway. The advanced settings menu isn't there but a lot of people like simplicity. Too, how many of us will use the 8 custom profiles ? Some will yes but The 2 that the 600 has is good for most people. Then there is a $250 price difference, to a lot of people, that will buy groceries and gas for a couple of weeks. Just my thoughts. I don't work for Minelab and there isn't a shipment of 30-40 Equinox 600s sitting in my shop that I need to move. I just think that this detector will be more than capable for a number of people and Minelab will have another winner.. HH Richard Backwoods

Richard, Would It be safe to assume that if I was not interested in Gold detecting, the Equinox 600 would give me the same capabilities as the 800 for coins?

Rob in (Ca) said:

No wireless with the 600. You can get aptx earbuds for about $20 and aptx low latency headphones for about $55 online.

El said:

Except if you are a salt water beach hunter. You may lose some fine gold in choosing the 600. Take a look at the chart on page 30 of the on line manual.

El

How are you losing fine gold with the 600? The multi-frequency range is exactly the same for the 600 and 800. You can only run multi in beach mode.

[size=large]If I had the money, I would spring for the 800 just because of the extra features but as someone posted, in multi-freq you will have , 5, 10, 15, 20, and 40 khz to work with... going to boil down to a personal decision. There are a number of comparisons charts that I would go over carefully and make a decison. I have had buyer's remorse by buying the cheaper model and at a later date hate myself because I didn't pay the extra money.
Buying an 800 and a 600 is like Ford and Chevrolet, owners of each will swear their's is the best and for them it is, but maybe not you though. Richard
[/size]

JP.Digg No wireless with the 600. You can get aptx earbuds for about $20 and aptx low latency headphones for about $55 online.[/quote said:
Thanks, actually Ear Buds would work better for me, as it's always blazing hot here in southern ca.

I just received my 600 (list price, free shipping). Just as good as the 800 for my needs (maybe everyone's needs). For $68 on Amazon, I bought APTX low latency headphones that are probably better than the ones that come with the 800. When I find them, I'll probably buy low latency earbuds, which is what I'd prefer to use....

My 600 comes next week. I have the same basic idea and hope I don't regret it, but I looked at what the 800 had and the 600 had not and weighed that against a second coil and decided the coil would make a performance difference and the features were more for convenience/preference and not likely for long term use differences. I know fine tuning helps, but I hope you know what I mean.

I ordered mid December and was the first one 600 from my dealer. Now let the accessories come!

pasttom said:
My 600 comes next week. I have the same basic idea and hope I don't regret it, but I looked at what the 800 had and the 600 had not and weighed that against a second coil and decided the coil would make a performance difference and the features were more for convenience/preference and not likely for long term use differences. I know fine tuning helps, but I hope you know what I mean.

I ordered mid December and was the first one 600 from my dealer. Now let the accessories come!
Hummm I see some friendly competition in the works,:twodetecting: your:minelab: 600 against my :minelab:800
Ha ha, I am going :detecting: today so I will have a week experience on ya and found all the treasures before you.:poke:
See ya on the beach Tom:cheers:

JP.Diggzzit said:

El

How are you losing fine gold with the 600? The multi-frequency range is exactly the same for the 600 and 800. You can only run multi in beach mode.

"You can only run multi in beach mode."

Am I reading this correctly?

5900_XL-1 said:

El

You might like to read nox 600 & 800 compairson for a lot more info and the straight talk from :minelab:
"The EQUINOX 600 is limited to 5 kHz, 10 kHz, and 15 kHz single frequencies, while the EQUINOX 800 also offers these plus the additional higher frequencies of 20 kHz and 40 kHz. This does not mean that the 600 is not employing the full multi-frequency range as part of the Multi-IQ processing. Multi-frequency operation is identical in the two models and provides the same maximum signal response to targets in Park, Field and Beach Detect Modes., The real magic of EQUINOX is in the Multi-IQ technology (not the single frequencies), therefore you can rest assured the EQUINOX 600 matches the EQUINOX 800 in this regard.​ "

5900_XL-1 said:

El

Multi frequency is the only option in beach modes. Single frequency selection and multi available in all other modes.

The Equinox 600 does not include the wireless headphones. However, it has the APTX low latency transmitter the same as the Equinox 800; and for $68 or so on Amazon you can get APTX low latency headphones that are probably as good or better than those supplied with the 800.

Do you mind a non techy person question, wouldn't you still need a wireless module with the headphones like the 800 set has? Just trying to educate myself, Thanks! :eek:)=