Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Great Barber Weekend

floodplaindetector

My Mom finally got out of the hospital a few days before Thanksgiving so I was able to get out last weekend and hit it hard.
Most all of the finds shown are from this past long holiday weekend at public researched sites with my Minelab E-Trac.
Friday was a 7 Barber coin day. All of the Barber coins were 9 - 12 inches deep.
The ground was still surprisingly soft. Any weekend hunt this late in the year without snow is a bonus.
The Badge piece is part of a 1955 Hartford Fire Insurance Junior Marshall Badge and read like a nickel. Too bad it wasn't whole but at least there was enough there to ID it.
The Sterling Ring has a neat design and I was happy to hit that. It read like a loud quarter. I haven't found that exact design before.
Thanks for looking!
Dave

Coins
1899, 1900, 1902s Barber Quarters, 1953 Washington Quarter
5 Barber dimes back to 1899, 4 Mercury dimes back to 1917 and 3 Silver Roosevelt dimes back to 1946
1899V, 1914, 1920D, 1924 Buffalo Nickels, 1940 Jefferson
1943, 1945 Silver War Nickels
21 Wheat pennies back to 1919
1942 Canadian Penny

Others
Sterling Ring
WWII Starburst Button
Old Script Button
Part of a 1955 Hartford Fire Insurance Junior Marshal Badge
Few other Misc. Buttons
GM Key
A Livestock Company Good Luck Penny Token
Musical Instrument Button & Reed
Old Clip (White Bone Plated)
Some chrome plated part with Manufacture verbiage I haven't deciphered yet
SilverCoins.jpg
BarberAfterDigging.jpg
SundayFinds.jpg
BarberDimeOutOfTheHole.jpg
SterlingRing.jpg
1955JuniorMarshallBadgePart.jpg
Buttons.jpg
GroupShot.jpg
OldNickels.jpg
DeepWheatPennyInHole.jpg

That is seriously some awesome hunting!!! Pretty much speechless for now……

Glad your mother is doing better.
Another great weekend.. Great that you can still hunt. Nice batch of Barbers. Know they've had some snow traces over in the lakes area. Hope you get a couple more weekends in. Look forward tp seeing your finds. HH jim tn

😳😳 I am stunned and nearly speechless 😶

Nice batch of coins and finds Dave I’ll be out this weekend after being sick with wife and daughter all had Covid thankfully I’m back to work and wife’s feeling better …,
Mark
I wondered where you were. Every week you are usually showing silver half dollars 😂
Glad you are all doing well 👍

Thanks for looking and the great comments everyone!
I got out a little last weekend but we got dumped on with a big winter storm yesterday.
1/2 foot of snow and -4 temp this morning. Winter has arrived.
Dave

Thanks for looking and the great comments everyone!
I got out a little last weekend but we got dumped on with a big winter storm yesterday.
1/2 foot of snow and -4 temp this morning. Winter has arrived.
Dave
Your ETrac can’t cut through the snow? Jk
😂