Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A little ETRAC gold......

Mike Hillis

I don't know why folks say the Etrac isn't a good gold jewelry detector.

A few weeks back the Etrac sucked this out of turf. About 2-1/2" to 3" deep out of a well watered, well groomed turf site. Trash Density setting on High.

I love this Trash Density feature on my Etrac. Instead of blanking out all the time I'm only hearing whats inside my accepted pattern. I attribute my latest gold chain find wholly to this feature as the nulls were masking it on my first circuit. Went back through with Trash Density High and no nulls and the little 11-01 low tone peeped. Couldn't even pinpoint it without removing all the surrounding trash, which included a wire coat hanger. I was very impressed.

That little 11-01 peep turned out to be 26" of .585 gold chain. Weighs in at 15 grams of 14K gold.

Dime is added for size comparison.

Using the stock 11" Pro coil.
HH
Mike

[attachment 369296 CHAIN.jpg]

Nice find Found my first gold coin with my old Etrac
Mark

Great find and thanks for sharing your tips! I've found some small gold with the E-trac but never chain. I remember early posts saying the E-trac wasn't capable of finding gold necklaces. Looks like you've dispelled that.

Mike, Congrats on an incredible find! Agree that the E-TRAC is a great Gold machine. I think of all the low conductive targets I get and didn't dig them, now I will dig!